The Tesla Model Y is now available for order in Malaysia, and here is the price list for the three trims and all available upgrade options!
Tesla Model Y : Available Trims In Malaysia Revealed!
Tesla is finally coming to Malaysia, offering the Model Y in three trims:
- Model Y with Rear-Wheel Drive only
- Model Y Long Range with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and
- Model Y Performance with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
The Tesla Model Y is a mid-sized electric SUV offering 2100 litres of cargo space, with seating and storage for up to five passengers. It only takes 3.7 seconds for the Model Y to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h, with a range of up to 533 km (WLTP) per charge.
The Model Y comes with an all-glass roof, autopilot, active safety features, and a HEPA air filtration system. In Malaysia, the Tesla Model Y is covered by a basic vehicle warranty for the first 4 years or 80,000 km (whichever comes first). Its battery and drive unit have a longer warranty of 8 years or 192,000 km, whichever comes first.
Recommended : Is JPJ Installing AES CCTV Cameras With AI Tech?!
Tesla Model Y : Price + Option For Each Trim In Malaysia!
As of Friday, 14 July 2023, you can place an order for any of the three Tesla Model Y trims, but delivery is estimated to take place only in early 2024. Here is the starting price for each available trim in Malaysia:
- Model Y (Rear-Wheel Drive) : RM 199,000
- Model Y Long Range : RM 246,000
- Model Y Performance : RM 288,000
The Tesla Model Y is eligible for Malaysia’s EV incentives, which include:
- full import and excise duty exemption for newly-registered zero-emission CBU electric vehicles
- 100% road tax exemption
- individual income tax relief of up to RM2,500 on expenses related to the cost of installing, rental, purchasing (including hire-purchase equipment), or subscription fees for EV charging facilities, for the assessment year of 2023.
- companies that rent non-commercial EV may claim tax deduction on the rental amount up to RM300,000 from the year of assessment 2023 until 2025.
After those tax deductions are factored in, the starting price for each Tesla Model Y trim is estimated as:
- Model Y (Rear-Wheel Drive) : RM 190,500
- Model Y Long Range : RM 237,500
- Model Y Performance : RM 279,500
However, those are base prices, and do not include optional upgrades, or the Wall Connector for home charging.
Recommended : Tesla Lists 11 Supercharger Locations In Malaysia!
Tesla Model Y : Colour + Upgrade Options In Malaysia!
The Tesla Model Y comes in the Pearl White Multi-Coat colour as standard, but you can opt for the following colours at additional cost:
- Solid Black : + RM 5,000
- Midnight Silver Metallic : + RM 5,000
- Deep Blue Metallic : + RM 5,000
- Red Multi-Coat : + RM 10,000
The standard Model Y comes with 19″ Gemini wheels, which you can upgrade to 20″ Induction wheels for RM10,000. The Model Y Long Range, however, only comes with 19″Gemini wheels, with no upgrade options. The Model Y Performance comes with 21″ Überturbine wheels as standard, and no upgrade options either.
All three Model Y trims come with Black interiors as standard, but you can opt for Black and White interiors for an extra RM5,000. Other upgrade options available to all three Model Y trims include:
- Enhanced Autopilot : + RM 16,000
– Navigate on Autopilot
– Auto Lane Change
– Smart Summon
- Full Self-Driving Capability : + RM 32,000
– All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
– Upcoming : Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, Autosteer on city streets
After factoring in ALL available upgrades, here are the Model Y prices in Malaysia, with their estimated prices after EV savings:
- Model Y (Rear-Wheel Drive) : RM 256,000 (RM 247,500 after savings)
- Model Y Long Range : RM 293,000 (RM 284,500 after savings)
- Model Y Performance : RM 335,000 (RM326,500 after savings)
Note : Full Self-Driving (FSD) Capability includes Enhanced Autopilot
But that is not the final top-of-the-line price list though. Tesla has not announced the cost of its Wall Connector home charging solution for Malaysia. It costs $475 in the United States, so expect to top up another RM2,000 to RM2,500 for the Wall Connector in Malaysia.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Is JPJ Installing AES CCTV Cameras With AI Tech?!
- Did Gopeng-Tapah Landslide Crush Three Cars?!
- The Last Video Of Titan Sub At Titanic Wreck Fact Check!
- Long Queues At KLIA From Immigration Work To Rule Protest?!
- 5 Strategies for Negotiating Airfare Discounts with SAP Concur!
Support Tech ARP!