The Shah Alam toll plaza on the PLUS Highway remains closed, as PDRM + Bomba helped to rescue 226 victims!
Here is what you need to know…
Shah Alam Toll Plaza : Still CLOSED After Flash Flood!
At around 2 PM on 18 December 2021, a flash flood forced the PLUS Highway management to completely shut down the Shah Alam Toll Plaza and Interchange.
They also activated mandatory exits at the Subang and Seafield toll plazas to divert southbound and northbound traffic from the flooded Shah Alam toll plaza and interchange.
In addition, PLUS Highway also closed the entry lane at Bukit Raja, as well as the Setia Alam ramp to Shah Alam.
Motorists who are trapped between Setia Alam to Shah Alam, and between Subang to Shah Alam / ELITE Highway, were required to make an emergency U-turn via a temporary access that PLUS created.
19 December 2021 Update
By 7 AM, PDRM and Bomba rescuers located and transferred 226 victims who were trapped by the flash flood to other parts of the PLUS highway.
At 5:40 PM, PLUS Highway announced that the Shah Alam toll plaza will remain closed, and motorists would continue to be redirected to the Subang and Seafield toll plazas.
If you are planning to travel to, or from Shah Alam, using the PLUS Highway, you should seek an alternative route; or postpone your trip.
PLUS Highway will reopen the Shah Alam toll plaza once they confirmed it’s safe to do so.
Flash Flood Risk To Persist Until 19 December 2021
The Malaysia Meteorological Department warned that the severe rainstorm will persist at least until 19 December 2021 :
- Dangerous (until 18 December 2021) : Selangor, Kuala Lumpur
- Severe (until 19 December 2021) : Perak, Pahang, Selangor, Putrajaya, Negeri Sembilan
- Fact Check : RM300 Seat Belt Fine On PLUS Highway?
- Pfizer / Sinovac vs. Omicron : What HKU Study Just Revealed!
- TNG RFID Self-Fitment Guide : How To Do It Yourself!
- How To Pay PDRM Traffic Summons Using Maybank ATM!
- TNG RFID Will Finally Be Operational On PLUS Highway!