The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) and the Road Transport Department (JPJ) just announced the latest details of their 4-day traffic offence discount programme!
Now you can actually skip the queue, and pay for your traffic offences with up to 80% discount online!
Discount For Traffic Offences : What Was Announced Earlier
It was announced earlier that the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) and the Road Transport Department (JPJ) would be offering massive discounts on traffic offences over four days at the KL Convention Centre (KLCC).
- 80% discount for traffic summonses within Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya
- 70% discount for traffic summonses outside Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya
That immediately led to criticism that the tiered discounts is discriminatory. A common refrain -why are people in KL and Putrajaya getting more discount than those from other states?
They also announced that these discounts would only be valid at the KLCC payment counters. That was roundly criticised as it would mean people gathering and queuing for hours – a big risk during the COVID-19 pandemic.
PDRM + JPJ Traffic Offences : How To Get 80% Discount?
Discount Now Up To 80%
PDRM and JPJ announced that they will offer up to 80% discount on traffic summonses, with a minimum of RM30.
There is no longer any reference to a 70% discount for traffic summonses outside KL and Putrajaya.
Discount Programme Runs For 4 Days
The PDRM and JPJ traffic summons discount programme will run for 4 days – from 9 until 12 December 2021.
You Don’t Have To Pay At KLCC!
PDRM will now allow you to pay for your compound at multiple venues, and even online!
- PDRM Payment Counters @ KLCC
- Summon Payment Counters at Police District Headquarters
- Summon Payment Counters at Police Contingent Headquarters
- MyBAYAR Saman online portal or app
JPJ will similarly allow you to pay for your compound at multiple venues, and even online!
- all JPJ offices and kiosks across the country
- mySIKAP JPJ online portal
Discounts Do NOT Apply To All Traffic Offences
The discounts being offered do NOT apply to all traffic offences. Here is a list of traffic offences that will not be reduced under this programme :
- Causing accidents
- Overtaking another vehicle dangerously
- Driving on the emergency lane
- Not obeying traffic lights
- Overtaking across double lines
- Non-compoundable offences
- Offences involving heavy vehicles
- Modification of vehicle exhausts
- Cases registered at the courts
- Arrest warrants that have not resulted in Discharge Not Amounting To Acquittal (DNAA)
PDRM + JPJ Advised Public To Pay Compounds Online!
Instead of requiring people to queue up at the KL Convention Centre, PDRM and JPJ now advise the public to pay their compounds online instead.
They also called on those who wish to pay their compounds physically, to obey COVID-19 precautions and SOP.
How To Pay PDRM / JPJ Traffic Offences Online?
Instead of queuing up at the police headquarters, you should use the online MyBayar Saman portal or app :
The PDRM launched MyBayar Saman as an alternative payment option, instead of paying over-the-counter, or using private collecting agents like MyEG.
This would also save the public money as MyBayar Saman is FREE, and does not collect service charges. They can also pay their fines at their convenience, without wasting time queuing to pay.
Instead of queuing up at JPJ offices, you should use their online mySIKAP online portal.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- New Measures To Block Omicron Variant From Malaysia!
- Fact Check : Omicron Variant Detected In Perak?!
- Black Friday Origins : Sale Of Slaves After Thanksgiving?
- Fact Check : Omicron Variant Warning By RSA Doctors Group?
- Anti-Vax Doctors Caught COVID-19 At Pro-Ivermectin Summit!
- Fact Check: Shocking UK Report On COVID Vaccine Injuries?