NVIDIA just introduced the DRIVE AGX Orin – a new software-defined platform for autonomous vehicles and robots!
Here is a quick primer on NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin, including its key capabilities and specifications!
NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for Autonomous Vehicles + Robots
At GTC China 2019, NVIDIA unveiled the DRIVE AGX Orin – the culmination of a four-year development process.
The NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin is a new system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed to drive a software-defined platform for automatous machines.
The Orin is designed to handle large numbers of applications and deep neural networks simultaneously, while achieving systematic safety standards like ISO 26262 ASIL-D.
Built as a software-defined platform, the NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin can be used to develop architecturally-compatible platforms that are scalable from Level 2 to Level 5 (full self-driving) vehicles.
Since both Orin and Xavier are programmable through Open CUDA and TensorRT APIs and libraries, developers can work on both, leveraging their investments across both product lines.
Recommended : DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin Performance
With 17 billion transistors, the Orin combines Arm Hercules CPU cores with NVIDIA GPU cores, as well as new deep learning and computer vision accelerators.
According to NVIDIA, the DRIVE AGX Orin delivers an aggregate performance of 200 trillion operations per second (200 TFLOPS) – almost 7X faster than the previous generation NVIDIA DRIVE Xavier SoC.
Recommended : NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- NVIDIA TensorRT 7 with Real-Time Conversational AI!
- NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
- Porsche Tri-Wing S-91x Pegasus Starfighter Revealed!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening For DirectX, Vulkan + OpenGL
- Quake II RTX : What NVIDIA Changed In New Version 1.2!
- How To Enable NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- Learn How To Add ReShade Filters To GeForce Experience!
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Super Graphics Card Review!
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX SUPER : Everything You Need To Know!
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER : The Full Details!
- NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX : World’s Smallest AI Supercomputer
- NVIDIA Wins MLPerf Inference Benchmarks For DC + Edge!
- Facebook Introduces New Multi-Colour Brand Logo!
- Samsung – IBM AI IoT Cloud Platform For 5G Mobile Solutions!
- Dell PowerMax Updates : Storage Class Memory + NVMe-oF!
- The Carousell Rights Owners Programme (CROP) Explained!
- Samsung Exynos 990 – Everything You Need To Know!
- 10GB + 12GB Samsung LPDDR4X uMCP Memory Details!
- Samsung Exynos Modem 5123 – What You Need To Know!
- Dell Offers Two DFS Flexi Options In These Countries!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- The Microsoft Secured-core PC Initiative Explained!
- Key NVIDIA EGX Announcements @ MWC Los Angeles 2019!
- Yahoo Groups To Delete All User Content! Download ‘Em Now!
- Kingston DC500 SSDs Are Now Certified VMware Ready!
- Dell EMC PowerProtect DD for Multi-Cloud Data Protection
- NTT Mega Merger Continues In Malaysia, ASEAN + APAC!
- Red Hat Partners Are Driving APAC Hybrid Cloud Adoption!
- The Alibaba Hanguang 800 (含光 800) AI NPU Explained!
- 3rd Gen X-Dragon Architecture by Alibaba Cloud Explained!
Go Back To > Automotive | Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!