CPRC says it’s not mandatory, but PDRM says you can be fined RM1,000 for failing to register MySejahtera at the petrol station!
So which is it? After flip-flopping, they finally clarified their stance… hopefully, for the LAST TIME!
Register MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
According to PDRM, you must register MySejahtera at the petrol station, even if you do not enter the convenience store! Otherwise, you could be subject to a RM1,000 fine!
Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department deputy director DCP Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid confirmed this, saying “If the people do not register or scan, how will the police trace them if there are Covid-19 cases in the area?”
As petrol stations are high-traffic public spaces, it is mandatory to register your visit using MySejahtera, as well as wear a face mask have your temperature scanned, and use a hand sanitiser.
However, it appears that petrol station operators may not be aware of this requirement either, as they do not put up MySejahtera QR codes at their pumps for motorists to register their visits…
But Didn’t CPRC Say MySejahtera Not Necessary At Petrol Station?
This email shows the CPRC (Crisis Preparedness and Respose Centre) team saying that it is NOT necessary to register your visit using MySejahtera if you are merely refuelling at the pump or making payments.
Sadly, it appears that CPRC and PDRM are not on the same page. CPRC says it’s not necessary, but PDRM insists it is mandatory.
Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
On 10 November 2020, Malaysia’s Senior Minister for Security Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri, issued an updated SOP on the use of MySejahtera in petrol stations in this press conference.
Here is a summary of the updated MySejahtera SOP for petrol stations :
MUST Scan MySejahtera / Register Manually
- Making payments or purchases inside the petrol station’s convenience store.
- Using the ATM machines inside the petrol station’s convenience store.
- Using the petrol station’s toilet or surau.
- Sending your car to the petrol station’s workshop.
- Sending you car for a manual car wash.
DO NOT Need To Scan MySejahtera / Register Manually
- Self-serving at the pump, and paying using their credit or debit cards or online app.
- Paying the cashier through the pigeonhole.
- Self-inflating your own tyres.
- Using the auto car wash, unless you are paying inside the petrol station’s convenience store.
|Situation||Scan MySejahtera or
|Making payments inside the petrol station store||YES|
|Making purchases from the convenience store||YES|
|Using the toilet or surau||YES|
|Sending car to petrol station’s workshop||YES|
|Sending car for manual car wash||YES|
|Self-serving at pump, and
paying with credit / debit card / mobile app
|Paying cashier through pigeonhole||NO|
|Inflating tyres with air||NO|
|Driving car through auto car wash||NO|
MySejahtera : Why Use It At Petrol Station?
MySejahtera is a mobile app developed by the Malaysian government. It serves as a contact tracing tool, as well as a way to disseminate verified information on COVID-19 in Malaysia.
Its users can log their movements by quickly and simply scanning a QR code at public places. This is a safer option to signing a logbook, because you won’t need to touch the logbook or use a shared pen.
Even though petrol pumps in Malaysia are generally self-served, petrol stations are high traffic public areas with pump attendants and employees, as well as other customers, who may be infected.
Registering your visit with MySejahtera at the petrol station will allow the authorities to quickly and accurately perform contact tracing if any infected person was at the petrol station.
That’s why they made it mandatory to register your visit with MySejahtera at the petrol station, even if you don’t enter the convenience store.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Peninsular Malaysia : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Lazada RedMart Data Breach : What You Need To Know!
- Fact Check : Avoiding The Future Plague, The Viral 1956 PSA!
- Fact Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls In Effect!
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MyGCC Debunks Old CMCO Cross-District Travel Info!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Travel | Software | Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!