The police are erecting 14 roadblocks and closing 2 roads across Penang island, to enforce travel restrictions during the MCO lockdown!
MCO / PKP in Penang : Road Closures + Roadblocks To Enforce Travel Ban
Penang came under MCO (Movement Control Order) 2.0 today, Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
During the MCO / PKP lockdown, interstate and inter-district travel is forbidden.
Hence, the police are setting up 14 roadblocks and closing 2 roads across Penang island, to enforce the MCO travel restrictions!
MCO in Penang : 14 Roadblocks + 2 Road Closures
The police will erect 14 roadblocks – 8 in the Northeast (Timur Laut) district of Penang island, and 6 in the Southwest (Barat Daya) district.
They are also closing two roads in the Southwest (Barat Daya) district.
Roadblocks In Penang Northeast (Timur Laut) District
Roadblock #1 : Road turning into the Penang Bridge (opposite the Batu Uban Sports Complex)
Roadblock #2 : Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Highway (turning into the Penang Bridge)
Roadblocks #3 and #4 : Jalan Paya Terubong (opposite Petronas)
Roadblocks #5 and #6 : Jalan Batu Ferringhi (opposite the Rasa Sayang Hotel)
Roadblocks #7 and #7 : Weld Quay
Roadblocks In Penang Southwest (Barat Daya) District
Roadblock #1 : Sungai Nibong, in front of the Caltex petrol station, towards the Bayan Baru roundabout
Roadblock #2 : Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, towards the Bayan Baru roundabout
Roadblock #3 : Jalan Batu Maung, towards the Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge (Second Penang Bridge)
Roadblock #4 : Bukit Ayun, in front of the 2 DIV officer house.
Roadblock #5 : Jalan Tun Sardon in Anjung Indah
Road Closures In Penang Southwest (Barat Daya) District
Road Closure #1 : Left turn on the Second Penang Bridge, from Georgetown
Road Closure #2 : Turning up to the flyover of Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, towards Bayan Baru / Balik Pulau
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During MCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 Travel SOP For MCO / CMCO Areas In Malaysia!
- Warning : 7 Roads Closed In Petaling Jaya During MCO!
- New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Fact Check : PDRM Alert On 2021 New Year Eve Celebrations!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : Hoax Debunked!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan Revealed!
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Do NOT Click Or Call!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?