The police are erecting 14 roadblocks and closing 2 roads across Penang island, to enforce travel restrictions during the MCO lockdown!
MCO / PKP in Penang : Road Closures + Roadblocks To Enforce Travel Ban
Penang came under MCO (Movement Control Order) 2.0 today, Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
During the MCO / PKP lockdown, interstate and inter-district travel is forbidden.
Hence, the police are setting up 14 roadblocks and closing 2 roads across Penang island, to enforce the MCO travel restrictions!
MCO in Penang : 14 Roadblocks + 2 Road Closures
The police will erect 14 roadblocks – 8 in the Northeast (Timur Laut) district of Penang island, and 6 in the Southwest (Barat Daya) district.
They are also closing two roads in the Southwest (Barat Daya) district.
Roadblocks In Penang Northeast (Timur Laut) District
Roadblock #1 : Road turning into the Penang Bridge (opposite the Batu Uban Sports Complex)
Roadblock #2 : Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Highway (turning into the Penang Bridge)
Roadblocks #3 and #4 : Jalan Paya Terubong (opposite Petronas)
Roadblocks #5 and #6 : Jalan Batu Ferringhi (opposite the Rasa Sayang Hotel)
Roadblocks #7 and #7 : Weld Quay
Roadblocks In Penang Southwest (Barat Daya) District
Roadblock #1 : Sungai Nibong, in front of the Caltex petrol station, towards the Bayan Baru roundabout
Roadblock #2 : Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, towards the Bayan Baru roundabout
Roadblock #3 : Jalan Batu Maung, towards the Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge (Second Penang Bridge)
Roadblock #4 : Bukit Ayun, in front of the 2 DIV officer house.
Roadblock #5 : Jalan Tun Sardon in Anjung Indah
Road Closures In Penang Southwest (Barat Daya) District
Road Closure #1 : Left turn on the Second Penang Bridge, from Georgetown
Road Closure #2 : Turning up to the flyover of Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, towards Bayan Baru / Balik Pulau
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During MCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 Travel SOP For MCO / CMCO Areas In Malaysia!
- Warning : 7 Roads Closed In Petaling Jaya During MCO!
- New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Fact Check : PDRM Alert On 2021 New Year Eve Celebrations!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : Hoax Debunked!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan Revealed!
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Do NOT Click Or Call!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Travel | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!