Malaysia has just extended the MCO / PKP lockdown across the entire country, except for Sarawak!
Here is what you need to know about this new development!
Whole Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Under MCO Lockdown!
On 19 January 2021, Malaysia announced the imposition of the much stricter MCO / PKP lockdown of all states and territories across the country, except for Sarawak!
For these states and territories already under MCO / PKP, the restrictions will remain as originally announced.
- Penang : 26 January 2021
- Selangor : 26 January 2021
- Kuala Lumpur : 26 January 2021
- Putrajaya : 26 January 2021
- Labuan : 26 January 2021
- Johor : 26 January 2021
- Sabah : 26 January 2021
- Melaka : 26 January 2021
- Kelantan : 29 January 2021
- Sibu, Selangau + Kanowit in Sarawak : 29 January 2021
- Seremban and Port Dickson in Negeri Sembilan : 1 February 2021
For these new states that will come under MCO / PKP 2.0, the restrictions will start from 12:01 AM on Friday, 22 January 2021 and tentatively end on 4 February 2021.
- Negeri Sembilan
Malaysia MCO / PKP 2.0 : What’s The SOP?
Here are the SOP for MCO / PKP in Malaysia, as released by the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) in January 2021.
Please follow this SOP, because failure to do so could result in a compound of up to RM1,000 per offence!
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities.
- Up to 3 people (including the patient) are allowed to leave each household to seek healthcare.
- Travel is limited to a radius of 10 km from your household, unless there is no supply / availability within 10 km.
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN.
- Tourism is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel for emergencies like funerals are allowed with permission from the police.
- Travel because of natural disasters are allowed.
- PCA and RGL travel arrangements between Malaysia and Singapore are allowed to continue.
Food & Beverage Industry
- Restaurants, cafes, hawker stalls, roadside stalls, food courts, food trucks are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- No dine-in is allowed. Only takeaway, drive-through and delivery are permitted
- Operation hours : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Petrol stations on highways and expressways allowed to operate 24 hours
- Morning and farmers’ markets : 7 AM to 2 PM
- Wholesale markets : 11 AM to 4 PM, or 12 PM to 6 PM
- Night markets and late night bazaars are FORBIDDEN
- Hospitals, clinics, medical labs : 24 hours
- Pharmacies : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Veterinary clinics + pet food stores : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Supermarkets are allowed to open
- Groceries and convenience stores are allowed to open from 6 AM to 8 PM.
- Laundromats, except self-service laundromats : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Barber shops and hair saloons are FORBIDDEN.
- Optical shops and clothing stores are FORBIDDEN.
Schools + Education
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Matriculation colleges are allowed to operate.
- Students in boarding schools and universities are allowed to continue hybrid studying.
- International and professional exams are allowed.
- Research activities requiring lab access in institutes of higher learning are allowed.
- Lecturers and teachers are allowed to travel to teach classes with examinations.
- Kindergartens, nurseries and day care facilities are allowed to continue operating.
- Tuition, music, dance, art, language classes are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Running and jogging allowed, but limited to maximum of two (2) family members
- Cycling allowed, but limited to one (1) person, up to 10 km from household.
- Group cycling is FORBIDDEN.
- Physical distance of 2 metres should be maintained
- All other sporting activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Night clubs and pubs are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaoke and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- Concerts and live events are FORBIDDEN.
- Spas, reflexology centres are FORBIDDEN.
Social + Religious Activities
- Parades and religious gatherings like Thaipusam are FORBIDDEN.
- Up to 5 committee members may manage mosques and other religious houses of worship.
- Weddings, parties, engagement parties, receptions, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social events are FORBIDDEN.
Manufacturing + Business Activities
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Conferences, meetings, seminars, courses and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) activities are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During MCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 23 Post-Vaccination Deaths In Norway : The Facts + The BS!
- Can Inhaling Steam + Supplements Prevent COVID-19?
- Seremban + Port Dickson Under MCO On 19 January 2021!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Areas Under MCO On 16 January 2021!
- 2021 Travel SOP For MCO / CMCO Areas In Malaysia!
- New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- Can This Corona Kashayam Recipe Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Can Betadine + Listerine Prevent COVID-19?
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?