All travellers to Malaysia will no longer be required to obtain the Traveller’s Pass in MySejahtera!
Here is what you need to know…
Currently : Foreign Travellers Need Traveller’s Pass To Enter Malaysia!
Since 1 May 2022, the Malaysian government has liberalised air travel into Malaysia, waiving both quarantine and insurance requirements.
However, they still require foreign travellers to fill in their details in MySejahtera, to obtain a Traveller’s Pass, prior to departure.
- Download the MySejahtera app, and register for your MySejahtera account.
- Click on the Traveller icon in MySejahtera, and complete the pre-departure form
a) fully-vaccinated travellers will receive a Digital Traveller’s Card
b) partially vaccinated / unvaccinated travellers will receive a Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO).
This requirement used to apply to Malaysian citizens too, but was waived starting 4 July 2022.
Now : Traveller’s Pass No Longer Required To Travel To Malaysia!
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced on 31 July 2022 that all travellers will no longer be required to obtain the Traveller’s Pass.
Starting Monday, 1 August 2022, all travellers to Malaysia – citizens and foreigners alike – will no longer be required to fill in their details using the Traveller option in MySejahtera, to obtain a Traveller’s Pass or Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO).
With this relaxation, travelling to Malaysia will essentially return to pre-pandemic norms. All you need to enter Malaysia is a valid passport, and a visa (if required).
- EU Officially Accepts Malaysia Digital COVID Certificate!
- Are Robbers Using Business Card Knife To Rob Drivers?!
- Booster Deadline For Seniors + Sinovac Extended… Again!
- Foreign Travellers To Malaysia Must Have US$20K Insurance!
- How To Renew Your Malaysian Passport Online!