The Malaysia National Security Council has decided to allow nationwide travel at vehicle capacity from 7 December 2020 onwards!
Find out what this means, and what is the SOP we need to comply with when we travel!
Nationwide Travel Allowed At Vehicle Capacity From 7 December 2020
Malaysia continues to record an average of about a thousand new COVID-19 cases every day, with over 74,000 COVID-19 cases so far.
However, even the lenient CMCO / PKPB lockdown is taking a toll on the economy, with an expected GDP loss of RM 300 million a day.
- Interstate and inter-district travel are now allowed (except in EMCO areas).
- The existing roadblocks at state borders will be removed.
- There is no longer the need to obtain police permission to travel.
- Travel into and out from CMCO / PKPB areas are allowed.
- There is no limit on the number of passengers in a vehicle, subject to its maximum capacity.
Nationwide Travel At Vehicle Capacity : Please Follow SOP!
While nationwide travel is now allowed at full vehicle capacity, the government is reminding everyone to comply with the SOP.
The police will be focusing on enforcing the SOP, instead of controlling interstate or inter-district travel.
So what are the key SOPs that we must comply with?
- Wear a face mask in public places at all times.
- Wear a face mask in public vehicles (not necessary in private vehicles)
- Practice social distancing in public places – at least 1 metre apart.
- Maintain good hand hygiene with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
- Always log your public movements with MySejahtera or a manual logbook.
You should also do your best to avoid crowded places, especially public events.
Please remember that many of those who are infected and contagious are not symptomatic.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- KL CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Extended To 20 December!
- Negeri Sembilan CMCO Ends On 6 Dec, Except For 2 Districts
- Selangor CMCO / PKPB Extended, Except For 3 Districts!
- Penang CMCO Ends 6 December, Except For 2 Precincts!
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB Extended To 20 December 2020!
- Lewis Hamilton : Positive For COVID-19, Out Of Sakhir GP!
- RM399 Laguna Redang 3D2N Holiday : Bait & Switch Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- CMCO : No Special Seating Or Face Mask In Your Own Car!
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?