The Malaysian government just announced their decision to divide the COVID-19 fine into 3 categories with different offences.
They also announced discounts of up to 50%, depending on how soon you pay up!
Malaysia COVID-19 Fine : Divided Into 3 Categories!
On 17 March 2021, Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Hassan, the Minister (Parliament and Law) in the Prime Minister’s Department announced that the COVID-19 SOP fine would be divided into 3 categories.
We listed the three categories and a few examples below. The full list will be revealed later by the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN).
Category One : High
Any offence with high transmission risk of the virus, with a wide-scale impact on the community.
Examples of Category One offences and their fines :
- Companies operating a pub or nightclub : RM50,000
- Entering a pub or nightclub : RM10,000
- Entering an eatery within a pub or nightclub : RM10,000
- Infected person (or suspected of being infected) refusing to obey instructions : RM5,000
- Refusing to obey instructions by an official empowered by Section 11(3) of Act 342 : RM5,000
- Private doctor who fails to report a COVID-19 positive case to the Health Ministry : RM5,000
Category Two : Medium
Any offence with high transmission risk of the virus, but without a wide-scale impact on the community.
Examples of Category Two offences and their fines :
- Companies refusing to listen to, or give information concerning the prevention of disease : RM20,000
- Individuals refusing to listen to, or give information concerning the prevention of disease : RM4,000
- Refusing to obey instructions by authorised officials regarding Enhanced MCO (EMCO) : RM4,000
- Entering an Enhanced MCO (EMCO) area without permission : RM4,000
Category Three : Low
Any offence with low transmission risk of the virus, and without a wide-scale impact on the community.
Examples of Category Three offences and their fines :
- Companies operating beyond permitted hours : RM10,000
- Failure to maintain physical distance : RM1,500
- Failure to log in using MySejahtera or manual log book before entering premise : RM1,500
- Failure to wear face mask in public : RM1,500 (first time offender)
Malaysia COVID-19 Fine : Up To 50% Discount
In addition, Datuk Seri Takiyuddin also shared that offenders will be given discounts for paying promptly :
- Pay within 7 days : 50% discount
- Pay within 8 to 14 days : 25% discount
Those who find it impossible to pay their fines, even after discount, can appeal to the Malaysia Health Ministry “through several channels”.
Malaysia COVID-19 Fine : A Quick Reminder
We earlier shared that the Malaysian government introduced amendments that increased fines for non-compliance with COVID-19 measures to a whopping RM10K to RM100K!
- Individuals who commit an offence : Up to RM 10,000
- Companies that commit an offence : Up to RM 50,000
- Possible additional penalties : Up to 50,000 and/or up to 6 months imprisonment
- Offences, for which no penalty is expressly provided : Up to RM 100,000 and/or up to 7 years imprisonment
In addition, the Act was amended to allow the government to order a person to wear a “tracing device”, also known as a tracking device.
On 3 March 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health and the Prime Minister’s Department officially announced the increased COVID-19 fines.
These increased COVID-19 fines and amendments went into effect on 11 March 2021.
Recommended : Malaysia Announces COVID-19 Fines Of RM10K ~ RM100K!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 31 March 2021!
- Warning : Pahang Limits Dining To Just 1 Hour!
- MySejahtera Now Shows Correct Vaccine Registration Dates!
- Must You Scan MySejahtera Every Hour At Cafe / Restaurant?
- DAP Selangor Offers Legal Help For RM10K SOP Fine!
- MySejahtera : RM10K ~ RM50K Fine Can Be Appealed!
- Malaysia : Up to RM500K Fine + 6 Year Jail For Fake News!
- MKN : Work From Home Directive Still Applies!
- Fact Check : Doctor’s Diary On Covaxin Side Effects?
- Flower of the Holy Spirit Transforms From Saint To Dove?
- 460 Deaths + 243,612 Injuries From COVID Vaccines In UK?
- You Can Now Register For Vaccination Online / By Phone!
- Malaysia : 5 Ways To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Sinovac Vaccine Arrives In Malaysia, But Not Approved Yet
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Fines Increased To RM10K ~ RM100K!
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?