Seven-time F1 champion Lewis Hamilton just tested positive for COVID-19, and will have to drop out of the Sakhir Grand Prix this weekend! 😱
Lewis Hamilton : Positive For COVID-19, Out Of Sakhir GP!
On 1 December 2020, FIA and the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team confirmed that Lewis Hamilton tested positive for COVID-19.
It appears that Hamilton could possibly have been infected by a close contact, prior to arriving in Bahrain.
What a tremendous stroke of bad luck for seven-time F1 champion Lewis Hamilton, who is now forced to drop out of the Sakhir Grand Prix. He will now have to self-isolate and watch the race from his hotel room.
The good news is the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team said that he is fit and well, apart from mild symptoms :
Hamilton is now the third driver to contract COVID-19 during the 2020 F1 season, following Sergio Pérez in August, and then Lance Stroll in October.
As F1 regulations require him to test negative before being allowed back, it seems unlikely that he would be able to make it for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – the final race of the season, on 13 December 2020.
Mercedes Statement On Lewis Hamilton Testing Positive For COVID-19
This was the full statement by the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team on Lewis Hamilton testing positive for COVID-19 :
Lewis Hamilton : Devastated About COVID-19 Diagnosis
This was what Lewis Hamilton just posted on Twitter :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- RM399 Laguna Redang 3D2N Holiday : Bait & Switch Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- CMCO : No Special Seating Or Face Mask In Your Own Car!
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- PROTON : 50 Employees Now Positive For COVID-19
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MRR2 : Driver Escapes After Concrete Slab Falls On Car!
- 2020 Mercedes me Apps : Find Out What’s New!
- Fact Check : Petronas Petrol Stations Cheat At The Pump?
- Fact Check : China Threatens West With Waterloo In SCS?
- Fact Check : Wear Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000?
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : AirAsia Banned Wheeled Cabin Luggage?
Go Back To > Automotive | Home