Here is the interstate travel SOP for those who need to travel into, out of, or through CMCO areas in Peninsular Malaysia!
Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : Interstate Travel SOP
The Royal Malaysia Police recently issued the SOP for cross-state travel during the CMCO / PKPB lockdown in KL, Selangor and Putrajaya.
As announced by the Senior Minister (Security) and Defence Minister, Dato Sri Ismail Yaakob, there are FOUR (4) categories of travellers that will be permitted to undertake interstate travel.
- Residents of CMCO areas who need to travel to other states for emergency reasons (medical treatments and funerals) only
- Travellers who need to cross the CMCO areas for emergency reasons.
- Outstation travellers who wish to enter the CMCO areas for emergency reasons.
- Individuals who wish to access air transportation at KLIA, KLIA 2 and Subang Airport.
Travellers in those four categories need to fill in this form for the CMCO / PKPB Travel Permit (Permit Pergerakan Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Bersyarat) :
After filling the form, travellers must submit it to the nearest police station for their approval, BEFORE they begin their journey.
Please note that ONLY TWO PERSONS are allowed to travel together.
Workers are allowed to cross into other districts or states, as long as they have a work pass or permission letter from their employer.
Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : Interstate Travel Examples
The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) listed two examples of permitted cross-state travel :
An individual from Johor travelling to Penang wishes to cross Selangor for emergency reasons. He/she must fill in the form and send it to the nearest police station in Johor for approval, before making the journey.
An individual from Melaka would like to enter Putrajaya for emergency reasons. He/she must fill in the form and send it to the nearest police station in Melaka for approval, before making the journey.
Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : Interstate Travel FAQ
Who Needs A Travel Permit?
Only those who need to enter, exit or pass through Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya for emergency reasons must obtain a CMCO / PKPB travel permit.
Workers who need to enter or exit Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya for work reasons do NOT need to fill in the form. They only need to show their work pass / permission letter from their employers.
How Many People Can Travel Together?
Under this CMCO / PKPB travel permit, a maximum of two persons can travel together.
What If You Don’t Forgot The Permit?
If you forgot to obtain a permit prior to your travel, or forgot to take it with you, you can stop by a nearby police station to fill in a new form and obtain approval before crossing the CMCO / PKPB roadblocks.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our homes, offices, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls In Effect!
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MyGCC Debunks Old CMCO Cross-District Travel Info!
- Machines Mid Valley : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 1 Utama Mac City COVID-19 Infection : An Update!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?