Citizens returning to Malaysia will no longer be required to obtain the Traveller’s Pass in MySejahtera!
Here is what you need to know…
Currently : MySejahtera Traveller’s Pass Required To Enter Malaysia!
Since 1 May 2022, the Malaysian government has liberalised air travel into Malaysia, waiving both quarantine and insurance requirements.
However, they still require all travellers to fill in their details in MySejahtera, to obtain a Traveller’s Pass, prior to departure.
- Download the MySejahtera app, and register for your MySejahtera account.
- Click on the Traveller icon in MySejahtera, and complete the pre-departure form
a) fully-vaccinated travellers will receive a Digital Traveller’s Card
b) partially vaccinated / unvaccinated travellers will receive a Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO).
This requirement applies to both citizens and foreigners alike – everyone must apply using the Traveller option in MySejahtera.
Now : Malaysian Citizens Don’t Need MySejahtera Traveller’s Pass!
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced on 1 July 2022 that Malaysian citizens will no longer be required to obtain the Traveller’s Pass.
Starting Monday, 4 July 2022, travellers to Malaysia will no longer be required to fill in their details using the Traveller option in MySejahtera, to obtain a Traveller’s Pass or Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO).
However, this is currently limited only to Malaysian citizens. The government will gradually extend this privilege to other groups like social pass holders, students, and permanent residents.
Therefore, all travellers who are not Malaysian citizens must continue to fill in their details using the Traveller option in MySejahtera, and obtain the Traveller’s Pass.
- EU Officially Accepts Malaysia Digital COVID Certificate!
- Are Robbers Using Business Card Knife To Rob Drivers?!
- Booster Deadline For Seniors + Sinovac Extended… Again!
- Foreign Travellers To Malaysia Must Have US$20K Insurance!
- How To Renew Your Malaysian Passport Online!