Are Changi Airport passengers required to wear PPE suits before they board their flights? A video seems to show that.
Take a look at the video yourself, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Changi Airport Passengers Must Pay For + Wear PPE Suits!
A video showing Changi Airport passengers wearing blue PPE suits is going viral, together with this message :
Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits : The Facts!
Fact #1 : The Video Is Genuine
First of all, the video is genuine and was recorded on 31 May 2020.
It showed real passengers in blue PPE suits waiting for their flight in Terminal 3 of Changi Airport in Singapore.
Fact #2 : They Are Vietnamese Citizens
In the video, you can hear them speaking Vietnamese. They are actually part of 340 Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from Singapore after COVID-19 infections there approached 35,000.
They include the elderly, pregnant women, those with pre-existing health conditions, the young (under 18 years of age), or tourists whose visas had expired – all of whom paid their own fares for the flight.
Fact #3 : PPE Requirement Was By Vietnam Government + Vietnam Airlines
Those being repatriated were required to don those blue PPE suits, as well as face masks and gloves, by the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, and Vietnam Airlines.
This was a requirement since 15 May 2020, after two Vietnam Airlines flight attendants tested positive for COVID-19 after a repatriation flight from Russia.
They actually had to wear all that for the entire duration of the flight, and were quarantined upon arriving at Can Tho, a southern Vietnamese city.
Fact #4 : PPE Requirement Not Exclusive To Singapore
This requirement to wear blue PPE suits, face masks and gloves was not exclusive to Singapore or Changi Airport.
It was mandated for all Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from COVID-19 hotspots by Vietnam Airlines.
Here are photos of the same precautions being carried out on Vietnamese citizens being repatriated from Taiwan :
According to the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, both the Vietnam Airlines cabin crew and flight crew had to don the same blue PPE suits, face masks and gloves for the entire flight as well.
Fact #5 : Singapore Does Not Require PPE Suits In Changi Airport
Changi Airport in Singapore does not require passengers to wear PPE suits. They only require everyone to wear a face mask.
- All arriving, transit and departing passengers at Changi Airport are subject to temperature screening. Passengers who are febrile or display respiratory symptoms will be referred to a doctor on duty.
- All airport staff entering the transit area will have to undergo temperature screening. Staff who have a high temperature will be asked to consult a doctor immediately.
- All passengers, air crew and airport staff must wear a mask at all times at Changi Airport. In addition, all passengers and crew members must also wear a mask for the entire duration of their flight to and from Changi Airport.Passengers who need to purchase a mask may do so at the airport pharmacies and convenience stores such as Guardian, Watson’s and 7-11.
- Changi Airport conducts frequent cleaning and disinfecting across its terminals and at Jewel Changi Airport.High-contact areas across the airport such as door handles, water coolers, counter tops, baggage trolleys and lift buttons are cleaned and disinfected more frequently.Frequent swab tests are conducted at these areas to ensure the efficacy of cleaning and disinfection.
- For an added layer of protection, frequently-touched surfaces such as automated check-in kiosks, trolleys, lift buttons and security trays are coated with a protective antimicrobial coating to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
- Autonomous cleaning equipment are deployed throughout the airport cleaning and disinfecting the floors and carpets at Changi Airport daily.
- Prayer rooms, baby care rooms and smoking areas are available for use. Passengers must observe safe distancing and adhere to the markers.Frequent cleaning and disinfecting is done at these areas and frequently-touched surfaces are sprayed with a protective antimicrobial coating to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
- There are more than 1,200 hand sanitisers available across all terminals and Jewel Changi Airport, from check-in rows to gate holdrooms. Hand sanitisers will only be allowed in cabin baggage if kept in containers of not more than 100ml each.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fake CARES Act YouTube Video Perpetuates COVID-19 Hoax
- Fact Check : CARES Act (HR 748) Proves COVID-19 Plot!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Photo + Video | Home
Support Tech ARP!