Auto Global Parts Industries shut down indefinitely after 94 employees tested positive for COVID-19 in a screening test!
Auto Global Parts Industries : 94 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 28 December 2020, New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad announced that 94 employees at Auto Global Parts Industries in Meru, Klang tested positive for COVID-19.
This affected employees tested positive during a screening test carried out on 24 December 2020, involving a total of 314 employees.
They are all now receiving treatment at designated government facilities, and their primary contacts have also been identified.
New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad decided to close Auto Global Parts Industries from 25 December 2020 until further notice for disinfection and sanitisation.
They will also disinfect and sanitise their foreign employees’ hostels, as per KKM guidelines.
Fortunately, this did not affect their plastic parts factory located at a different location, which is still in operation. Their office operations are also unaffected, with Management and supervisory staff working from home.
Auto Global Parts Industries COVID Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Auto Global Parts Industries employees, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
This case highlights the risks of staying in close quarters in worker hostels, and why the government continues to insist that office employees must work from home.
You are only at risk if you come into close contact with these affected employees, including outsiders supplying and transporting in and out of their factory.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the building of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
The best way to protect yourself is to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Auto Global Parts Industries : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
This was the official statement posted by New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad on 28 December 2020 :
New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad (“the Company”) had commenced its planned precautionary COVID-19 testing of all foreign and local employees of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Auto Global Parts Industries Sdn Bhd (“AGP”). The screening test was conducted on 24 December 2020 at AGP’s metal parts production factory in Meru, Klang, involving a total of 314 employees.
There were 94 employees of AGP have been tested positive for COVID-19 during the planned screening test. The affected employees are currently receiving appropriate treatment at designated Government facilities as directed by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (“KKM”) and all primary contacts of the affected employees have been identified.
As an immediate response to protect the health and safety of the workforce and the community at large, the Company has temporarily closed the affected metal parts production factory from 25 December 2020 until further notice to contain potential infection. The Management of AGP is undertaking disinfection and sanitisation procedures on the affected production factory as well as on foreign employees’ hostels as per the guidelines provided by KKM. In addition, the Company has notified all employees as well as AGP’s suppliers and customers about the confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The Company’s plastic parts production factory, which is situated at a different location, is currently in operation. The office operations are unaffected as the Company has been practicing working from home for its Management and supervisory staff. The Company will continue to adhere to COVID-19 preventive standard operating procedures issued by the relevant authorities from time to time and work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure the health and safety of all its employees.
As this has been planned by the Management, the temporary closure of the metal parts production factory is not expected to have any material impact on the Group’s revenue and earnings for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During CMCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- CMCO Extended For 6 States / Territories, And Ends For 3!
- Iconic Penang Ferry Service To Continue… Temporarily!
- Can Donald Trump Really Blame Iran For Rocket Attack?
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Iconic Penang Ferry Service To Continue… Temporarily!
- Fake CIMB SMS Scam! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Malaysia Vaccine Approval : 90-120 Working Days Minimum!
- Malaysia Buys 6.4 Million AstraZeneca Vaccine Doses!
- Singapore Receives First Batch Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Does The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : New December 2020 SOP!
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Automotive | Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!