The Royal Malaysia Police has decided to limit interstate travel even more, after the recent COVID-19 surge!
Find out what’s being changed!
Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
The Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Dato’ Sri Acryl Sani expressed great concern over the surge in COVID-19 cases over the last 4 days.
As a result, he ordered a further tightening of travel rules, specifically :
- Interstate travel is limited to these situations only :
a) for work
c) death (immediate family members only – parents, children, brothers and sisters)
d) to seek medical attention
e) for education
f) couples in long-distance relationships
- Any police permission granted will be limited to interstate travel from Monday to Thursday only.
Requests for police permission to travel on other days – Friday to Sunday – will not be approved.
Exceptions for this limitation will only be made for :
c) couples in long-distance relationships
- Interstate travel for social events, including weddings and feasts, are FORBIDDEN, until after Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
This tightening of interstate travel rules comes just 3 days after the Inspector-General of Police ordered that interstate travel be limited to 3 circumstances only.
In addition, the Deputy IGP also instructed the police to monitor Ramadan bazaars and night markets. If they are found to have ignored COVID-19 SOP, the police will ask the local authorities to shut them down.
Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
On 15 April 2021, National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced that interstate travel will be allowed for those helping family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- Only one person is allowed to travel interstate to help family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- For example, someone working in KL can return to Negeri Sembilan to take his elderly mother for her vaccination.
- That person will only need to show the vaccination appointment letter at state borders
Recommended : Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Couples Can Ask For COVID-19 Vaccination On Same Day!
- Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations Kick Off In Malaysia!
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- China : Was COVID-19 Created In Fort Detrick Bio Lab?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- How To Report Vaccine Side Effects In MySejahtera!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?