The Prime Minister of Malaysia just announced the imposition of MCO, CMCO and RMCO and travel restrictions across the country!
Here is what you need to know about the states and territories that are under MCO, CMCO and RMCO!
Movement Control Order (MCO / PKP) Areas
With daily highs in COVID-19 cases, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the imposition of the much stricter MCO / PKP lockdown of these states and territories.
- Kuala Lumpur
This MCO / PKP 2.0 lockdown will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Conditional MCO (CMCO / PKP-B) Areas
The Prime Minister of Malaysia also announced the imposition of CMCO / PKPB restrictions in these states and territories.
- Negeri Sembilan
This CMCO / PKPB 2.0 restrictions will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Recovery MCO (RMCO / PKP-P) Areas
The Prime Minister of Malaysia also announced the imposition of RMCO / PKPP restrictions in these states and territories.
This RMCO / PKPP restrictions will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Interstate + Inter-District Travel Restrictions
Interstate travel is FORBIDDEN for all states and territories across the country.
Interdistrict travel is permitted for CMCO (PKPB) and RMCO (PKPP) areas, but FORBIDDEN for MCO (PKP) areas.
MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : A Quick Summary
For a more detailed list of the new MCO (Movement Control Order) / PKP (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan) 2.0 SOP, please click here.
For Conditional and Recovery MCO SOP, please check out the December 2020 versions while the latest versions are being prepared :
Those who break these rules may be subject to a maximum compound of RM1,000 per offence.
But here is a quick summary of what the Prime Minister announced earlier today :
- Mass social activities like weddings, conferences, parades, religious gatherings like Thaipusam, meetings, seminars, courses and group sports are FORBIDDEN.
- Interstate and inter-district travel is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel beyond 10 km from your household is FORBIDDEN.
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Eateries and hawker stalls are allowed to operate, but only for takeaway.
- Food delivery services are allowed.
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities, up to a distance of 10 km. However, everyone must wear face masks, maintain physical distance and practice good hand hygiene.
- Supermarkets, health services including clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies are allowed to operate.
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Kindergartens registered with MOE are allowed to continue operating.
- Up to 5 committee members may manage mosques and other religious houses of worship.
- Outdoor leisure activity is allowed, but limited to family members and only two (2) persons if jogging, and one (1) person if cycling. You should also maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from other people.
Recommended : New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Fact Check : PDRM Alert On 2021 New Year Eve Celebrations!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : Hoax Debunked!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan Revealed!
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Do NOT Click Or Call!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies?
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?