Proton just unveiled the 2019 Persona family sedan, with an astounding 303 improvements!
Get the full design and engineering briefing as well as the Q&A session, and our first look of the brand new 2019 Persona!
What’s New In The 2019 Persona
The 2019 Persona is the first B-segment family sedan to be created by Proton in collaboration with Geely. Even though it is officially a face-lifted model, it boasts a total of 303 improvements, both internally as well as externally.
The 2019 Persona’s Redesigned Exterior
The new 2019 Persona features new design elements that will visually link it with other members of the Proton family.
In the front, it sports a new outer grille, inspired by the Proton X170’s Ethereal Bow. The radiator grille, on the other hand, incorporates a stronger Infinite Weave pattern. It also boasts new LED daytime running lights (DRLs) backed by a honeycomb mesh.
At the back, it sports a new lower garnish for the bumper, with a slimmer spoiler. The Proton name is now prominently placed on the trunk lid garnish, with a new bolder Persona name badge.
Completing the new sportier exterior design is a new set of 15-inch aluminium wheels, and a shark fin antenna.
The 2019 Persona Has A Darker Interior
Proton is introducing a more sporting, dark ambience in the 2019 Persona, with a two-tone colour split. In addition to fabric, Proton will offer semi-leather seats in the Executive and Premium variants.
It will also come with four big improvements – a large, frameless rear-view mirror, a TFT Multi-Info Display, a new Gear Knob design, and the famous “Hello Proton” intelligent infotainment system.
The 2019 Persona Is More Intelligent
Touted as the “intelligent family car“, the 2019 Persona has an intelligent infotainment system with a large 7-inch touch screen, and 4G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. It also doubles as a navigational system as well as a reverse parking monitor.
This intelligent infotainment unit is also voice-activated, giving you control of the infotainment and navigation system without lifting your hands off the wheel. If you prefer, you can also connect your smartphone to it, giving you access to content and apps from your device!
The 2019 Persona Is More Practical
To cater to the practical sensibilities of the Malaysian family, the 2019 Person will come with 7 cup holders, a decent 510 litre boot space with 60:40 rear seat folding capability… and three USB ports!
It will also come with Auto-Folding Side Mirrors, Intelligent Entry with a Push Start button, and automatic headlamps. Proton also reports that the 2019 Persona will offer slightly better (3.5% to 4%) fuel consumption.
The 2019 Persona Is Safer
The 2019 Persona comes with a 5-star ASEAN NCAP safety rating, with 6 active safety features and 6 passive safety features :
Active : Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist, and Brake Override System
Passive : Up to 6 SRS airbags, dual pre-tensioner seatbelts, Hot Press Forming body structure, Fuel Cut-Off Control System, Impact-sensing Door Unlock, ISOFIX and top tether anchorage points[adrotate group=”1″]
The 2019 Persona Price + Availability
The 2019 Persona will be available in four variants :
- Standard 1.6L MT
- Standard 1.6L CVT – replaces the manual transmission with a CVT gearbox
- Executive 1.6L CVT – adds the 7-inch infotainment system, semi-leather seats, 4 speakers, push start button with intelligent entry, steering switches, TFT multi-info display, LED DRLs, remote trunk release, reverse camera and smartphone connectivity
- Premium 1.6L CVT – adds 4G + WiFi, voice commands, online nivation and music streaming to the infotainment system, 6 airbags, auto headlamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel, borderless rear view mirror, and a CVT gear knob.
Proton declined to reveal the prices of the 2019 Persona models. But from what we understand, prices will start from RM 44,831 for the Standard 1.6L MT (Manual Transmission) base model, and top out at RM 57,473 for the Premium 1.6L CVT model.
From 12 March until 22 March 2019, Proton will let you book a 2019 Persona for just RM 9.99!
The 2019 Persona will be covered by a 5-year or 150,000 km mileage warranty, whichever comes first.
- The Higher Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz Dream Cars Revealed!
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Delivers The Pinnacle Of Luxury!
- The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQ Showcase + Test Drive!
- Kia Stinger Preview with Grand Tour + Full Specifications!
- The 2018 Lexus LS 500 Revealed! (With Video Tour)
- The Kia Picanto 2018 Price & Features Revealed!
- The Shell Fuels With DYNAFLEX Technology Revealed!
Go Back To > Automotive | Home