COVID-19 is putting a real damper on air travel, and United Airlines just responded by offering FREE flight changes for a whole year!
Here is what Oscar Munoz, United Airlines CEO, just blasted out in an email to all United Airlines customers!
Worried About COVID-19? United Airlines Offers FREE Flight Changes!
Now that COVID-19 is seriously threatening air travel in the United States, United Airlines is trying to make things a little easier on jittery flyers by offering them free flight changes for a whole year!
And they are extending the offer to all bookings, irrespective of the ticket or fare type, or destination. But note that this only applies to flight bookings made from now until 31 March 2020 :
To give you the greatest flexibility, when you book any flight with us now through March 31, you can change it for free over the next 12 months – any ticket, any fare type, any destination.
We are not sure if United Airlines will extend the offer into April or May, but that ought to give their customers some peace of mind.
Here are the specific terms and conditions for the free flight changes policy at United Airlines :
Tickets: For tickets issued March 3 through March 31, 2020, customers will be permitted to change free of charge to a flight of equal or lesser value up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date. If the new flight is priced higher, the customer may change for no fee but must pay the fare difference. If the new flight is priced lower, the customer may change for free but no residual value will be given. If the customer decides to cancel their flight, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without fee for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date.
Cancellations: If the customer decides to cancel the flight they booked between March 3 and March 31, 2020, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without fee for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date.
Fare Validity: This applies to all tickets, all fare types, all destinations, all points-of-sale, all travel dates available for sale, provided ticket number starts with 016.
Minimum Stay: No minimum stay.
Blackout Dates: No blackout dates.
Miscellaneous: Fares, fees, rules and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity-controlled and may not be available on all flights or days. Fares are nonrefundable except during the first 24 hours after purchase. Other restrictions may apply.
United Airlines On COVID-19
In the mass email, Oscar Munoz also explained what measures United Airlines is taking to minimise the COVID-19 risks to its passengers :
On The Ground
Our team of in-house medical experts and industrial hygienists oversee our aircraft cleaning procedures to ensure they meet or exceed all CDC guidelines.
Hard surfaces such as lavatories, tray tables, window shades and armrests are thoroughly wiped down with a high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaner.
And when we are advised by the CDC of a person who has traveled on board and is potentially exhibiting coronavirus symptoms, that aircraft is taken out of service and sent through a full decontamination process that includes our standard cleaning procedures plus washing ceilings and overhead bins and scrubbing the interior.
In The Air
Our aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art circulation systems, similar to those found in hospitals, which use a high-efficiency (HEPA) filter to circulate the air and remove more than 99% of airborne particles.
We’re also adjusting our inflight service to limit person-to-person contamination. This includes handing beverages directly to customers instead of allowing customers to touch a tray and ensuring all flight attendants wear gloves during service.
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : Destinations + Embargo Periods!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass Guide : Planning Your Travel!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : A Waste Of Money, Unless…
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- 2019 F1 Esports Season Hits Record 5.8 Million Views!
- NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
- NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for Autonomous Vehicles Revealed!
- Porsche Tri-Wing S-91x Pegasus Starfighter Revealed!
- DJI Mavic Mini : Everything You Need To Know!
- NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX : World’s Smallest AI Supercomputer
- Key NVIDIA EGX Announcements @ MWC Los Angeles 2019!
- Exclusive ROKiT Williams Tour of Singapore Grand Prix 2019!
- Kambyan ManUsIA + AleX Laser Cutting Drone Technology!
- Acronis Cyber Penthouse with Williams F1 Racing Team!
- Acronis True Image 2020 – Everything You Need To Know!
- An Evening With Scuderia Toro Rosso & Acronis
- World’s Oldest PM Learns Coding From Two 10 Year Old Girls!
- Kaspersky Selects Malaysia For APAC Transparency Center!
- NVIDIA Gamescom 2019 : Ray Tracing Trailers + Showcase!
- SAP Experience 2019 – An Intelligent Enterprise Conference
- Dell Technologies World 2019 : More Videos + Announcements
- Exclusive : Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney Tour!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- How Dell Unified Workspace Simplifies IT Management!
- How 5G Will Change Our Lives + Future!
- Pat Gelsinger Reveals 2019 VMware Strategy + Plans!
- The Human-Machine Partnership by Erik Brynjolfsson + Rana el Kaliouby
- The 2019 Microsoft – Dell Partnership : All You Need To Know!
- VMware Cloud on Dell EMC – Delivered By Dell, Managed By VMware!
Support Tech ARP!