PDRM announced stricter interstate travel rules, but has just clarified that they are for social visits, not for work!
Find out what they announced, and what was just clarified!
Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
The Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Dato’ Sri Acryl Sani expressed great concern over the surge in COVID-19 cases over the last 4 days.
As a result, he ordered a further tightening of travel rules, specifically :
- Interstate travel is limited to these situations only :
a) for work
c) death (immediate family members only – parents, children, brothers and sisters)
d) to seek medical attention
e) for education
f) couples in long-distance relationships
- Any police permission granted will be limited to interstate travel from Monday to Thursday only.
Requests for police permission to travel on other days – Friday to Sunday – will not be approved.
Exceptions for this limitation will only be made for :
c) couples in long-distance relationships
- Interstate travel for social events, including weddings and feasts, are FORBIDDEN, until after Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Stricter Interstate Travel Only For Social Visits, Not Work!
On 21 April 2021, Dato’ Sri Acryl Sani clarified that those rules are only for social visits, like hometown visits, to attend weddings, banquets, prayers, the coming Hari Raya holidays, and other social activities.
He said that the existing SOP of allowing interstate travel for work, medical treatment and education continues. All you require is :
- a letter of authority / work permit from your company,
- a letter from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI),
- hospital appointment, or letter from a doctor
- a letter from a school or educational institute
This tightening of interstate travel rules comes just 3 days after the Inspector-General of Police ordered that interstate travel be limited to 3 circumstances only.
In addition, the Deputy IGP also instructed the police to monitor Ramadan bazaars and night markets. If they are found to have ignored COVID-19 SOP, the police will ask the local authorities to shut them down.
Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
On 15 April 2021, National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced that interstate travel will be allowed for those helping family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- Only one person is allowed to travel interstate to help family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- For example, someone working in KL can return to Negeri Sembilan to take his elderly mother for her vaccination.
- That person will only need to show the vaccination appointment letter at state borders
Recommended : Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- When Can You Apply For Joint Vaccine Appointments?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Teachers To Be Vaccinated Against COVID-19 In Phase 2!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Reopens After Multiple COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Rate Only 0.003% For HCW!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations Kick Off In Malaysia!
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?