The viral message about the Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration and the giveaway of a Toyota Corolla is a SCAM!
Find out why it is a SCAM, and please alert your family and friends!
Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
This is the link that has gone viral on WhatsApp, claiming to offer you a chance to win a Toyota Corolla during the Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
It’s just a scam, so we added that overlay to prevent it from being further abused.
Please DO NOT CLICK on the link, or proceed with the “contest”.
Why Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration Contest Is A Scam!
For those of you who are wondering – how do you know it’s a scam, here are the facts…
Fact #1 : The Link Is Highly Suspicious
If you look at the URL – the link – it goes to http://1s7wttd.nodxteh.cn.
It is obviously not a Toyota-related link, but an unrelated Chinese-registered (.cn) domain.
In addition, it is not an SSL-encrypted link, which would start with https://. While not a hallmark of a scam link, legitimate websites will use SSL-encrypted links (with https, not http)
When you see such links, DO NOT CLICK on them.
Fact #2 : Toyota’s 80th Anniversary Was In 2017
Toyota was established on 28 August 1937. They celebrated their 80th anniversary in 2017.
Here is a 28 August 2017 tweet by the Toyota Motor Corp.
— Toyota Motor Corp. (@ToyotaMotorCorp) August 28, 2017
Fact #3 : Toyota Is In The Business Of Selling Cars
Toyota is in the business of SELLING CARS, not giving them away.
Not surprisingly, they did not give away even a single car when they celebrated their 80th anniversary in 2017!
Fact #4 : The Page Has So Many Troubling Clues
If you click on the link, you will be led to this page, claiming you will get a free gift with Toyota… and a chance to win a Toyota Corolla.
The page is full of grammatical mistakes – something an actual Toyota website would not have.
On top of that, why would Toyota give you a Corolla for answering simple questions like “Do you know Toyota?” Seriously…
And below that is a list of comments by people who claimed to have won the Toyota Corolla. Do you really believe that Toyota is giving away so many cars?
Try clicking on their names, and nothing happens. Nothing happens either if you click to Like. So where are the likes coming from?
They are all FAKE COMMENTS. If you check the code, you can see that both the comments and pictures were manually inserted.
Fact #5 : You Will Always Win The Car
You can try the contest any number of times, and you will ALWAYS win the car.
Why? Because the next step involves you sharing this with 5 groups or 20 friends on WhatsApp!
So no matter how many times you participate, you will ALWAYS win the free Toyota Corolla. Do you think that’s the case with a real contest?
This is a SCAM. DO NOT SHARE and do NOT proceed beyond this page.
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced!
- Fake News Alert : Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents!
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Second Dose Set At 12 Weeks!
- WTCKL Vaccination Centre : A Video + Pictorial Guide!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
Go Back To > Fact Check | Tech ARP