Fully-vaccinated people in Malaysia can now go swimming, play golf and badminton, amongst other things!
Here is what you need to know!
Swimming, Golf, Badminton Allowed For Fully-Vaccinated!
From 20 August 2021 onwards, fully-vaccinated people in Malaysia are given more sports and recreational privileges.
Who Qualifies For These Privileges?
Only those who are fully-vaccinated according to these requirements can participate in these sports and recreational privileges :
- More than 14 days after receiving both doses of the Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Sinovac vaccine.
- More than 28 days after receiving a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson or Cansino vaccine.
Children are currently not being vaccinated. So parents who are fully-vaccinated are ALLOWED to bring their children who are 17 years or younger to participate in these activities as well.
Sports + Recreational Privileges
Sports and recreational premises and facilities are ALLOWED to open, subject to these restrictions :
- only open from 6 AM until 8 PM,
- RESTRICTED to only fully-vaccinated individuals, and their children who are 17 years or younger,
- 60% capacity limit, under supervision,
- workforce limited to 60%, including management and operations staff, and
- subject to any rules and restrictions stipulated by local authorities.
New sports and recreational activities that are now open to fully-vaccinated people include :
- all individual sports or recreational activities that do not require physical touch, with physical distance of 2-3 metres
- equestrian sports,
- tennis / badminton (single),
- motorsports and so on.
In addition, fully-vaccinated people are ALLOWED to dine-in at the club house restaurant or cafe.
Sports + Recreational Restrictions
There are a few restrictions though :
- It is FORBIDDEN to use the changing room, or shower room, at these sports and recreational facilities.
- You are RESTRICTED to the same district.
Should You Go Swimming Or Play Golf / Badminton?
Frankly speaking, this isn’t a good time to be going out for a swim, or to play golf or badminton, as community spread of COVID-19 is rampant with over 20K new cases reported every day!
However, if you really must, here are some steps to mitigate your risks :
- if possible, condos should not allow strangers to share the pool at the same time.
- if possible, book the entire swimming pool for your family so there are no strangers present at the same time
- try not to bring your unvaccinated children for a swim, unless you can book the entire pool
- try to play golf alone or with family members who are already living with you, instead of with friends
- try to play golf without a caddy to help you
- try to play tennis or badminton with a family member who is already living with you, rather than a friend
- never use the shower room or changing room
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Full FDA Approval vs EUA for Vaccines : What’s Different?
- Dr Kenny Yong : Are COVID-19 Vaccines Free From Liability?
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- PPN Phase 1 : Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In!
- Fact Check : Dr. Kenny Yong On How To Survive COVID-19
- Have Malaysian Soldiers Been Taking Ivermectin Since 1970s?
- Surviving COVID-19 Does Not Make You An Expert!
- Did US Marine Corp Reject Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination?
- FLCCC Allegedly Said 15 Ivermectin Tablets Safe To Take?!