Panasonic closed both their factories in Shah Alam after 116 workers there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
Panasonic : Two Factories Closed With 116 COVID-19 Cases!
Panasonic Malaysia issued a notice to Bursa Malaysia earlier today, announcing that they closed both their factories in Shah Alam after 116 COVID-19 cases were detected there.
After a recent screening operation of their 2,137 employees revealed those 116 cases, the Petaling District Health Office advised them to cease operations.
Panasonic decided to shut down both Shah Alam factories for 3 days – from 21 December until 23 December 2020, to allow for disinfection and deep cleaning of both manufacturing facilities.
They maintain that there is regular disinfection of both their manufacturing facilities and workers’ accommodation, and all necessary precautions were strictly enforced.
Panasonic : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is the official Panasonic announcement on the COVID-19 positive case at their Shah Alam factories :
The Company wishes to inform that some of the staff at both its manufacturing facilities in Shah Alam has been confirmed COVID-19 positive after the Company conducted a recent screening. The Petaling District Health office has advised to cease operations for the time being until further notices. The Company has decided to close its facilities from 21 to 23 December 2020 to allow the disinfection specialist to carry out their work.
The Company had completed full screening of about 2,137 workers and employees and only 116 were found to be affected.The safety and well-being of our workers and employees as well as our community is of our utmost priority towards containing the situation. The Company has and will continue to adhere to the COVID-19 preventive standard operating procedures (SOPs) on a stringent basis. Disinfection exercises at our manufacturing premises and workers’ accommodation have been conducted regularly, with all the necessary precautionary measures strictly in place.
Panasonic COVID-19 Cases : Should You Be Concerned?
There is no need to be concerned, unless you supply goods to either Panasonic factories in Shah Alam, or are in close contact with their employees.
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through fomites – contaminated objects. So there is NO NEED to worry that you can get infected through Panasonic products.
Panasonic Malaysia and the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) are definitely conducting contact tracing of the affected employees. Those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine, and get tested for COVID-19.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies?
- CMCO Extended For 7 States / Territories, And Ends For 4!
- Public Bank : Fake SMS Scam! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Does The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- MOH : No Change In Pfizer Vaccine Delivery, No Approval Yet
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Watch : Arecibo Telescope Before & During The Collapse!
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!