Donald Trump just accused Iran of the rocket attack on the US embassy in Baghdad, threatening retaliation!
Take a look at the picture of three rockets he posted, and find out what the facts really are!
Donald Trump : Iran Responsible For Rocket Attack On US Embassy
Even in the waning days of his Presidency, Donald Trump isn’t quite done with Iran.
In a new threat against the Islamic Republic of Iran, Trump posted a picture of three unfired rockets, which he claimed were from Iran.
Our embassy in Baghdad got hit Sunday by several rockets. Three rockets failed to launch. Guess where they were from: IRAN. Now we hear chatter of additional attacks against Americans in Iraq…Some friendly health advice to Iran: If one American is killed, I will hold Iran responsible. Think it over.
As Trump isn’t a very popular president outside of his fanatical base (no kidding), there is much skepticism about his post.
Some have pointed out that the rockets have English markings and could be American-made. Others wonder if these are even rockets – they look more like large versions of a rifle cartridge than rockets.
Rocket Attack On US Embassy : A Quick Primer
Before we look into the veracity of Trump’s claims, here’s a quick primer on the rocket attack on the US embassy in Baghdad, Iraq.
At around 8:30 PM on Sunday, 20 December 2020, approximately 21 rockets were fired on the US embassy in Baghdad.
Only about half of the rockets hit the embassy compound, while the others missed and hit an Iraqi apartment complex and vehicles near the embassy.
In the end, two buildings and a gym in the embassy, vehicles outside the embassy and a generator at the apartment complex, were damaged.
There was only one injury – an Iraqi soldier – no one else died or were injured by the attack.
Is Iran Responsible For Rocket Attack On US Embassy?
Unfortunately, the answer isn’t quite so simple as yes or no, Iran did or did not fire those rockets at the US embassy in Baghdad.
Let’s take a look at the facts…
Fact #1 : Those Are 107 mm Haseb Rockets
The Haseb is an Iranian copy of the Chinese Type 63-2 – a spin-stabilised 107 mm rocket with a high-explosive (HE) warhead.
The entire rocket weighs about 18 kg, with an 8 kg cast TNT warhead and a Chinese MJ-1 (Jiàn-1) impact and graze fuse.
Fact #2 : Iran Manufactures + Uses 107mm Haseb Rockets
Haseb rockets are manufactured by Iran’s Armaments Industries Group (AIG), and used by Iranian forces as a short-ranged barrage weapon.
In this picture, IRGC commandos are seen loading a Type 63 rocket launcher mounted onto a pickup truck.
Fact #3 : The English Markings Are Genuine
Some sharp-eyed netizens noticed that rockets have English words on them, instead of Farsi or Arabic words :
LOT : 573
DATE : 2016
N.W : 18kg
R.No. : 2103
This has led to suggestions that the rockets may be fake, or made by Americans themselves, or replicas of the real rockets used in a false flag operation.
Here you can see the actual rockets (on the left) and inert replicas of the Haseb rockets. No doubt they look very similar.
However, there is really no need for the US military to purchase replicas even for a false flag operation. Many Haseb rockets have been captured over the years.
The English markings do not mean they are American-made. The Haseb rocket is also made for export by Iran’s Armaments Industries Group (AIG), and so uses English markings.
The inert replica above has English markings, because the real Haseb rockets have English markings.
Fact #4 : Haseb Rockets Have A Very Short Range
Haseb rockets have a very short range – up to 9 kilometres, and are not very accurate.
That means they would have to be fired very close to the Baghdad Green Zone in order to have a reasonable chance of hitting the US embassy inside.
Any suggestion that Iranian forces fired them inside Baghdad itself would be ludicrous. Even if Iran wanted to strike at the Americans, they would use an allied militant group to make attribution difficult.
Fact #5 : Attribution Is Difficult
The Haseb rockets are not exclusively used by Iranian forces. They are exported to Iranian auxiliary forces and allied militant groups like the Hezbollah.
So it would not be possible for the United States to directly attribute the rocket attack to Iran, unless they capture the people who actually fired the rockets.
It could also be a rogue militant group, or even a false flag action by a rival nation-state. After all, numerous examples of the Haseb rocket have been captured by other militant groups and even countries like Israel.
In fact, Gen. Frank McKenzie, who leads the US Central Command and once warned that American forces imminent threat from Iran specifically told The Wall Street Journal,
“I do not know the degree to which Iran is complicit. We do not seek a war, and I don’t actually believe they seek one either.“
Even Iran-backed Kataib Hezbollah described the rocket attack on the US embassy as “undisciplined“.
Fact #6 : We Don’t Know Who Owned Those Rockets
The three Haseb rockets that Donald Trump posted were obviously not fired.
But whether they “failed to launch” as Trump claimed, or were simply captured unfired, is unknown. Trump likely can’t tell the difference.
Unless the rocketeers were captured together with these three rockets, it would be impossible to also attribute the rocket attack to any particular group, never mind Iran.
Even so, the mere possession of these rockets does not mean that they actually launched that particular attack.
- Fake CIMB SMS Scam! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Public Bank : Fake SMS Scam! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did China Create This Amazing Female Dancing Robot?
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Does The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Are Hackers Using Good Morning Messages To Hack You?
- How Honeywell Is Helping Industries Tackle COVID-19!
- Kaspersky on APAC Digital Reputation Threats!
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Watch : Arecibo Telescope Before & During The Collapse!
- Malaysia Government : Available COVID-19 Tests + Charges!
- Is Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home? 🤔
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Aerospace | Home