Did Genting Highlands just get shut down after many of their employees tested positive for COVID-19? 😱
Find out what’s going on, and what the facts really are!
Genting Highlands : Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
On 6 January 2021, we received a video taken inside First World Hotel in Genting Highlands, together with this message :
Genting Highland just 25 minutes ago was found that some few Customers are having Covid-19 and all was Stop the whole Casino of Genting Highlands, too
Customers are Not allowed to return back and all are detained for further Quarantine for (10) days because of this Dangerous Various Covid-19 !!……………….
Even all Genting Highlands Casino’s Staff all must Quarantine for (10) days………. And all Casino in Genting Highlands are Not allowed to Operate in between these (14) days………
The video appears to show Genting Highlands casino employees waiting to be quarantined after being identified as close contacts of COVID-19 patients.
The lady recording the video claimed that someone at the (staff) canteen was infected, so those who came into contact had to quarantine for 10 days.
She was being quarantined because she was seen in the CCTV packing food from the canteen. She also complained that she had to wait a long time in the queue.
Genting Highlands : Not Closed Over COVID-19 Cases, Yet
The video is genuine, but the message attached to it is false. Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : This Video Was Shot On 5 January 2021
According to someone working at Genting Highlands, the video is genuine, and was shot on 5 January 2021.
Fact #2 : That Was A Check-In Line For Employees
At the 9th and 10th second of the video (right screenshot below), you can see the sign saying “Check In At Counter – EMPLOYEES“.
So it does indeed look like employees are lining to check in for their quarantine at the First World Hotel.
Fact #3 : The Shorter Quarantine Period Is Correct
Malaysia reduced the quarantine period from 14-days to just 10 days from 14 December 2020 onwards.
Fact #4 : Several Workers At Staff Canteen Positive For COVID-19
On 7 January 2021, Resorts World Genting confirmed that several workers at their staff canteen were positive for COVID-19.
They were isolated, and employees who had been to the canteen were asked to be “accommodated separately for a certain period” – a quarantine, in other words.
However, they did not reveal how many workers were infected, and how many were quarantined.
Fact #5 : Genting Highlands Is Still Open
Despite a number of employees testing positive, and what looks like a large number of employees quarantined, Genting Highlands remains open to the public.
The staff canteens are not accessible to the public, and have been “thoroughly sanitised and disinfected“.
They also sanitised and disinfected the areas frequented by the affected workers.
Resorts World Genting : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is Resorts World Genting’s official statement on the COVID-19 exposure at their resort.
7 January 2021
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at Genting Highlands
In early January, several workers at our staff canteens were tested RTK-Antigen positive. The affected workers were detected during our regular health and safety screening and were immediately isolated. Contact tracing is in progress and for precaution, we have asked some employees who have been to these canteens, be accommodated separately for a certain period. Meanwhile, we have reported the matter to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and will work closely with the authority to address this.
We have thoroughly sanitised and disinfected the staff canteens as well as any areas frequented by the workers. These canteens are not accessible to the public.
We assure everyone that SOPs are in place and will be continuously reviewed and enhanced to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all in Resorts World Genting. The resort remains open to the public.
We will continue to take the necessary precautionary measures as the health and safety of all our guests and employees have always been our utmost priority. We kindly advise everyone to remain vigilant and adhere to the SOPs issued by the government. This includes wearing a face mask, observing physical distancing, and adopting good personal hygiene practices at all times.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During CMCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Maybank TTDI Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Fact Check : PDRM Alert On 2021 New Year Eve Celebrations!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : Hoax Debunked!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan Revealed!
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Do NOT Click Or Call!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Jabil Circuit Penang : Closed After 21 COVID-19 Cases!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- CMCO Extended For 6 States / Territories, And Ends For 3!
- Malaysia Vaccine Approval : 90-120 Working Days Minimum!
- Malaysia Buys 6.4 Million AstraZeneca Vaccine Doses!
- Singapore Receives First Batch Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies? 🤔
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : New December 2020 SOP!
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Business | Home