Formula 1 just announced a record 5.8 million views for the 2019 F1 Esports Series – a 76% increase over 2018!
Find out what other milestones they broke in 2019, and don’t miss the video wrap up for the 2019 F1 Esports Series!
2019 F1 Esports Season Hits Record 5.8 Million Views!
In addition to hitting 5.8 million online views, the 2019 F1 Esports Series also recorded no less than 169 million social media impressions – 66% better than in 2018!
Interestingly, the 5.8 million online views surpassed the 2018 Series’ combined online + TV viewership of 5.5 million.
This suggests that Formula 1 has gained significant traction in the e-racing wave, reaching younger and more digitally-minded audience. In fact, they revealed that 79% of viewers were below the age of 34 years old!
Formula 1 also noted that there was a record-breaking 109,000 players this season, who attempted over 1.4 million laps to qualify. This represented a massive 65% increase in participation, and a 40% increase in lap numbers over 2018.
Key News From The 2019 F1 Esports Season
The biggest news is, no doubt, the crowning of David Tonizza as the 2019 Drivers’ Champion. He was, notably, the first pick from the 2019 Pro Draft, as well as the first ever esports driver for the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports Team.
The 2019 F1 Esports season also had Red Bull Racing Esports securing the first Team’s Championship title, fighting off fence competition from the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports Team, the Alfa Romeo Racing F1 Esports Team and the Renault Sport Team Vitality.
In all, Red Bull Racing Esports had 9 podium finishes, with 3 wins, across the 12 race season.
This was the first year all ten official Formula 1 Esports teams participated, with Ferrari entering for the first time. Formula 1 also doubled the cash prize fund for 2019 – to a whopping $500,000!
F1 Esports To Head To China!
Formula 1 confirmed that they will launch the F1 Esports Series China Championship in partnership with Juss Intellisports.
The champion and runner-up of the China Championship will ear final spots in the 20202 F1 Esports Series Pro Draft, with the chance to compete for a seat with one of the official F1 Esports team!
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Exclusive ROKiT Williams Tour of Singapore Grand Prix 2019!
- Acronis Cyber Penthouse with Williams F1 Racing Team!
- Acronis True Image 2020 – Everything You Need To Know!
- An Evening With Scuderia Toro Rosso & Acronis
- World’s Oldest PM Learns Coding From Two 10 Year Old Girls!
- Kaspersky Selects Malaysia For APAC Transparency Center!
- NVIDIA Gamescom 2019 : Ray Tracing Trailers + Showcase!
- SAP Experience 2019 – An Intelligent Enterprise Conference
- Dell Technologies World 2019 : More Videos + Announcements
- Exclusive : Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney Tour!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- How Dell Unified Workspace Simplifies IT Management!
- How 5G Will Change Our Lives + Future!
- Pat Gelsinger Reveals 2019 VMware Strategy + Plans!
- The Human-Machine Partnership by Erik Brynjolfsson + Rana el Kaliouby
- The 2019 Microsoft – Dell Partnership : All You Need To Know!
- VMware Cloud on Dell EMC – Delivered By Dell, Managed By VMware!
Go Back To > Games + Gaming | Automotive | Home
Support Tech ARP!