realme just launched their realme 5i smartphone, with 4 rear cameras and a large 5000 mAh battery.
Let’s take a closer look at the realme 5i, and find out what it offers!
realme 5i Preview : A Slightly Different realme 5!
Contrary to expectations, the realme 5i is not a cheaper version of the realme 5, but a slightly different variant.
In fact, it has the same price as the realme 5, just trading the high-resolution front camera for more memory. This is probably why realme gave it two different colour options.
Here is a summary of its key features :
- It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, which is fabricated on the 11 nm process technology
- It comes with 4 GB RAM – 1 GB more than the realme 5 at the same price point
- It has a triple slot tray, which supports two nano SIM cards and a microSD card
- It has an 8 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture – the realme 5 has a 13 MP front camera
- Its rear quad-camera consists of a 12 MP main camera, an 8 MP wide-angle camera, a 2 MP portrait camera and a 2 MP macro camera
- It comes with realme’s largest battery yet – a 5,000 mAh lithium-ion battery
realme 5i Specifications
In this table, we compare the realme 5i against the realme 5 at the same price point :
|Specifications||realme 5i||realme 5|
|Display||6.5-inch LCD display
– 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi)
– 480 nits max brightness
|Protection||Gorilla Glass||Gorilla Glass 3+|
|Operating System||Android P with ColorOS 6|
|System Platform||Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 AIE|
|CPU||4 x Kryo 260 Gold cores (2.0 GHz)
4 x Kryo 260 Silver cores (1.8 GHz)
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 610|
|RAM||4 GB LPDDR3||3 GB LPDDR3|
|Storage||64 GB GB eMMC 5.1 storage
microSD slot (up to 256 GB)
|Front Camera||8 MP with f/2.0 lens||13 MP with f/2.0 lens|
|Rear Cameras||12 MP main camera (f/1.8)
8 MP wide-angle camera (f/2.25)
2 MP portrait camera
2 MP macro camera
|Connectivity||4G : LTE
Wi-Fi : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth : BT5.0
USB : micro-USB 2.0
|Fingerprint Sensor||Yes, Rear-Mounted|
|Other Sensors||Light, Proximity, Magnetic induction, Gyro-meter, Acceleration|
10 W wired charging
|Dimensions||75.0 mm wide
164.4 mm tall
9.0 mm thick
|75.6 mm wide
164.4 mm tall
9.3 mm thick
|Weight||195 g||198 g|
|Colour Options||Aqua Blue / Forest Green||Crystal Purple / Crystal Blue|
realme 5i Price + Availability
The realme 5i will retail at the same price as the realme 5 3G model, in the Aqua Blue and Forest Green colour options :
- Offline sale : 18 January 2020 onwards
- Online sale : 28 January 2020 onwards
- realme Buds Air : AirPods Lookalike TWS Earphones!
- realme X2 Pro Price + Deals In Malaysia!
- realme X2 Pro Master Edition : The Full Details + Preview!
- realme X2 Pro : Cheapest 90Hz Gaming Smartphone?
- realme 5 vs realme 5 Pro Comparison!
- The realme 5 Pro Smartphone : Everything You Need To Know!
- The realme 5 Smartphone : Everything You Need To Know!
- Realme Dares To Leap With Realme 3 Pro Price Cut!
- Realme Chroma Boost Guide + Showcase Of US West Coast!
- The Realme Selfie Guide + Showcase Of US West Coast!
- The Realme Nightscape Guide For Awesome Night Shots!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Price + Deals For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 + Other Wearables Price In Malaysia!
- The Samsung IP68 Water-Resistance Technology Guide!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (SM-N975) In-Depth Review!
- Why ROG Phone II Tencent Is Better Than The Global Edition!
- Warning : Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Does Not Have A DAC!
- ASUS ROG Phone 2 Global vs Tencent Edition Comparison!
- The Realme Chup Dulu + Mid-Year Sale Deals Revealed!
- The Realme 3 Pro – Everything You Need To Know!
- The Realme C2 Smartphone – Everything You Need To Know!
- The Realme 3 (RMX1821) Review – An Incredible Bargain!
- Realme 3 Price List + Deals + Specifications Revealed!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!