PROTON today announced that another 49 employees at their Shah Alam campus have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total of infected cases to 50.
PROTON : 50 Employees Now Positive For COVID-19
On 14 October 2020, PROTON announced that an employee from their R&D Department in Shah Alam tested positive for COVID-19.
That triggered contact tracing for all employees at their R&D department, who were asked to self-quarantine at home.
Today, PROTON confirmed that another 49 employees at their Engineering Division in the same Shah Alam campus also tested positive for COVID-19.
They instructed all non-essential personnel to work from home, with contract tracing still ongoing, and a COVID-19 team monitoring the situation.
There is now a total of 50 confirmed COVID-19 cases at PROTON Shah Alam.
In their statement, they assured the public that their Center of Service Excellence (COSE) and showroom in Shah Alam are disinfected hourly, and all customer-facing personnel follow a “rigorous procedure”.
PROTON : Official Statement On COVID-19
Here is the official PROTON statement on COVID-19 cases at their Shah Alam campus :
UPDATE ON COVID-19
Subang Jaya, 19 October 2020
Subsequent to one of its employees testing positive for COVID-19 on 14th October 2020, PROTON confirms 49 others have now been detected. All are from the Engineering Division in Shah Alam, and have been reported to the authorities. For now, the company has requested all non-essential personnel who work within the Shah Alam facility to work from home as a precautionary measure. The company which has been adhering to official protocols, is continuing its efforts with more stringent actions to ensure prevention of further spread. Contact tracing is ongoing and a COVID-19 team is monitoring the situation very closely.
Once again, the company would like to reassure all its customers that it will continue to strictly follow all guidelines and procedures as it has been doing from the start of the pandemic. The Center of Service Excellence (COSE) and showroom are disinfected hourly and all customer facing personnel follow a rigorous procedure. PROTON is working with the authorities who have guided the company through the process and are satisfied with the actions taken thus far. The safety of all PROTON staff, customers and Malaysians is of the utmost importance to the company and will be its main priority.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check: Somaliland Reps Wear Koteka To Taiwan Meeting!
- 2020 Mercedes me Apps : Find Out What’s New!
- Fact Check : Petronas Petrol Stations Cheat At The Pump?
- Fact Check : China Threatens West With Waterloo In SCS?
- Fact Check : Wear Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000?
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Malaysia-Singapore Cross-Border Travel To Resume In August
- Fact Check : AirAsia Banned Wheeled Cabin Luggage?
- Fact Check : Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang?
- KasperskyOS : First Successful Automotive ECU Integration!
- World of Buzz : Stop Feeding Content Regurgitation Websites!
- Will BeiDou Give HUAWEI Phones FREE Calls + Internet?
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
Go Back To > Automotive | Business | Home