NTT Ltd just launched their fifth data centre in Malaysia – Cyberjaya 5 (CBJ5)!
Here is a quick look at what NTT Cyberjaya 5 offers!
NTT Launches Fifth Data Center In Malaysia – Cyberjaya 5
On 3 February 2021, NTT Ltd announced the launch of their fifth data center in Malaysia – Cyberjaya 5 (CBJ5).
Located within the NTT Cyberjaya Campus, this new 107,000 square feet data center is designed for hyperscalers and high-end enterprises in Malaysia’s growing digital economy.
CBJ5 supports 6.5 megawatts of flexible and scalable power, and boasts a Tier IV-ready, compact and modular design, with a cooling wall system that handles up to 15 kilowatts per rack.
NTT clients will have greater access to flexible, scalable and secure infrastructure in Malaysia – a regional data center hub.
“The demand for data storage and managed hosting services is expected to grow exponentially across Malaysia. This fifth data center will meet the expanding needs of organizations to reach their digital business objectives, in particular the FSI sector, as our data center complies with the Risk Management in Technology (RMiT) guideline set by Bank Negara Malaysia. We hope to play a key role in providing the vital data capacity at a high speed to keep Malaysia’s digital ecosystems and the digital economy ticking.” said Henrick Choo, CEO, NTT Ltd. in Malaysia.
NTT Cyberjaya 5 : Part Of Strategic ASEAN Hub
CBJ5 is connected to the existing Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) and Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) cable system, and will eventually be linked to the upcoming MIST cable system.
The MIST cable system will be available by end 2022 and it is a strategic joint venture for international submarine cables in South East Asia, with Orient Link Pte. Ltd.. It will enable NTT Ltd. to expand its offerings into India and beyond, while the ASE and APG cable systems provide global connectivity from Asia to United States.
This new expansion in Malaysia is part of NTT Global Data Centres division’s growth strategy. Malaysia is a prime data centre market in the ASEAN region, due to the abundant availability of resources, and favourable government policies.
“NTT places Asia Pacific as a tactical key region, and Malaysia – a strategic hub for the submarine cables operated by NTT such as the new MIST cable system, as well as the existing Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) and Asia Pacific Gateway (APG). Furthermore, CBJ5 will drive business opportunities in Asia through the upcoming MIST cable system which will link all our large-scale data centers in the region. Our continued commitment to Malaysia will help position NTT as a technologically innovative leader to address the industries of the future,” said Ryuichi Matsuo, Executive Vice President for NTT Ltd.’s Global Data Centers division.
“The pandemic also illustrated the importance of effective connectivity and reliable infrastructure to ensure business continuity. NTT’s global data center platform offers flexible, scalable and secure infrastructure along with a full-stack of customizable solutions that clients can utilize to support their digital transformation needs and maintain critical applications in a comprehensive, hybrid IT environment,” he concluded.
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 February 2021!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- Scam Alert : East Malaysia Seafood Agent On Facebook!
- Fact Check : 52 New MCO SOP Rules For Next 6 Months?
- Scam Alert : Ocean Sense Seafood On Facebook!
- Updated SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- MCO 2.0 Updates For Night Markets + Businesses
- Beware Of AirAsia X Scam On WhatsApp!
- Malaysia Buys 18.4 Million CoronaVac + Sputnik V Doses!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- Hotel Equatorial Penang Closes Its Doors On 31 March 2021
- Fact Check : 52 New MCO SOP Rules On 4 February 2021!
- Eurocham Leak Of Malaysia Shutdown : Please Don’t Panic!
- Malaysia MCO : Eateries + Restaurants Can Open Till 10 PM!
- Malaysia MCO : Nine States + Territories Extended To 4 Feb!
- Whole Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Under MCO Lockdown!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Under MCO On 19 January 2021!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Areas Under MCO On 16 January 2021!
- 2021 Travel SOP For MCO / CMCO Areas In Malaysia!
- New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera