Exclusive on Tech ARP – the first look at the 2021 MacBook Pro ports, including a brand new MagSafe 3 port and an SD card slot!
Here is the first ever look at the MagSafe 3 connector, the SD card slot, and other ports that will ship with the 2021 MacBook Pro!
First Look : 2021 MacBook Pro MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
Apple fans who miss the MagSafe port and the SD card reader in their MacBook laptops will have something to cheer for this year!
Apple will not only introduce a new MagSafe 3 connector in the upcoming 2021 MacBook Pro, they will also bring back the SD card slot!
New Apple MagSafe 3 Connector!
The new MagSafe 3 connector is bidirectional and has 5 pins, and will lock and detach magnetically like the previous two generations.
The MagSafe 3 connector is not compatible with older MacBook computers, and has a pill-shaped design with a thinner profile.
The MagSafe 3 port is located on the left side of the 2021 MBP, next to two Thunderbolt 3 (USB4) ports, and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Return Of The SD Card Reader!
We are also glad to report that Apple will (finally) bring back the SD card reader that many photographers LOVED, and bemoaned when Phil Schiller killed it in 2016.
Now that Schiller is out of Apple, it looks like it’s been resurrected for the 2021 MacBook Pro. Utility finally trumped cumbersome!
The SD card reader is located on the right side, together with a third Thunderbolt 3 (USB4) port and a HDMI 2.0 port.
2021 Apple MacBook Pro : What Else Is New?
So what else is new in the 2021 MacBook Pro, other than MagSafe 3 and the resurrected SD card reader?
14-inch + 16-inch Models
There will be two 2021 MacBook Pro models – with 14-inch and 16-inch displays.
Apple M1X SoC
There will no longer be Intel CPU options, only the Apple M1X SoC.
But rumours have it that it will have 12 processor cores, split into two performance clusters :
- P Cluster (Performance) : 8 x Firestorm (?) cores
- E Cluster (Efficient) : 4 x Icestorm (?) cores
It will have a more powerful GPU than Apple M1‘s 8-core GPU.
The Apple M1X will use the same unified memory design as the M1, built directly onto the package for near-instantaneous access.
However, it will offer larger memory options – 24 GB and 32 GB are possible – in addition to 16 GB currently available with the M1.
External Display Support
A big limitation of the Apple M1 is its support for just one external display of up to 6K resolution at 60 Hz.
The 2021 MacBook Pro will support at least two external displays, if not more, via its Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI ports.
OLED Touch Bar Gone!
Good riddance to the pointless OLED Touch Bar. That’s gone for the 2021 MacBook Pro models.
- ZOTAC RTX 3070 Cryptomining : Why The Outrage?
- Dell XPS 13 (9300) InfinityEdge Laptop Hands-On Preview!
- This RTX Laptop Mining Farm Could Make $3.5 Million / Year!
- Illegal Bitcoin Cryptomining Operation Seized!
- GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Mining : Over 30% ROI?!
- 78-Card GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Powered Up!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- MSI GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops : Price + Specifications!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- NVIDIA To Introduce Resizable BAR In February 2021!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
- NVIDIA Reflex : How Does It Reduce System Latency?
- Vulkan Ray Tracing (Quake 2 RTX) On AMD Radeon RX 6800!
- Quake 2 RTX Now Supports Vulkan Ray Tracing!
- Apple M1 : How Fast Are Its CPU + GPU?
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.3
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!