The Phone That Works Like Your PC. That is the tagline Microsoft is using to promote the new Lumia 950 and 950 XL smartphones. They are not only the first smartphones to run on Windows 10 with access to Windows universal apps, they also support Continuum.
Continuum allows you to transform the Lumia 950 and 950 XL into a Windows 10 PC by simply hooking it up to an optional Microsoft Display Dock, and connecting it to a display of any kind – as long as it supports either HDMI or DisplayPort. You can also attach a USB keyboard and mouse to it, or use wireless versions to enjoy a desktop-like experience using the Lumia smartphone.
That is why Continuum is a big deal for Microsoft. That is why they used the tagline – The Phone That Works Like Your PC. Continuum is what allows them to differentiate the Lumia smartphones from the vast bulk of cheap Android smartphones, and flagship devices from Apple, Samsung, etc.
Lumia 950 & 950 XL – The Phone That Works Like Your PC
A Quick Look At The Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL
Here is a short video clip we took of the Lumia 950 smartphone on display at the launch event.
Microsoft’s Press Release On The Lumia 950 & 950 XL
Combined with stunning HD displays, new PureView cameras with 20 megapixel sensors and triple LED natural flash that shoot 4K video, as well as the latest in processing power, the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL represent the very best in innovation.[adrotate banner=”4″]
- The Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL are the first Lumia phones to come pre-loaded with Windows 10 – delivering on our promise of one familiar and consistent experience that transitions seamlessly across Windows devices from key apps like Office built-in to access to all your stuff via OneDrive and the cloud.
- Both the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL feature Continuum for phones, enhanced by the optional Microsoft Display Dock accessory. This Windows 10 feature allows people to use their phone like a PC by connecting it to a monitor and transforming it for larger-screen entertainment, or adding a keyboard and mouse to work like a PC with Windows 10 apps like Microsoft Office, while simultaneously taking calls or performing other tasks.
- As the latest premium handsets, these phones boast superior performance. Both devices feature a QuadHD AMOLED display featuring up to 564ppi, which means photos, videos and even simple reading show up well, even in sunlight.
- And Microsoft’s PureView technology is built into both Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL cameras, boasting a 20MP sensor and triple LED natural flash. The camera captures the perfect image, even in the most challenging conditions, and those photos can be automatically synced across all Windows 10 devices with the Windows Photo app and shared easily with friends and family.
- To make this all possible, both phones also have the latest-generation Qualcomm® Snapdragon
processors to get these things done faster.
Malaysians who want to pick up either models can do so at the Microsoft Online Store. The first 100 to buy either model will receive a FREE Microsoft Display Dock worth RM 309. Delivery of the new Lumia smartphones will start from the 18th of December 2015 onwards.