Maxis just showcased Malaysia’s first 5G augmented reality (AR) experience at aquariaKLCC!
Here is a primer on what the new AR experience at aquariaKLCC, and how Maxis 5G drives it!
The aquariaKLCC 5G AR Experience
Over the next few months, visitors to aquariaKLCC can take a virtual journey through the ocean floor for an immersive experience of both marine life and 5G technology.
This is the third 5G use case demo that Maxis has implemented. The first two 5G use case demos were conducted in Putrajaya in April 2019, and IDECS in Kuching in July 2019. The next two Maxis 5G test beds will be launched soon in Langkawi and Gamuda Cove.
The aquariaKLCC 5G augmented reality experience is part of the 5G Malaysia Demonstration Projects programme under the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, which serves to facilitate, develop and foster 5G uses cases in a live but controlled environment.
Maxis 5G Partnership With HUAWEI
The Maxis 5G network is being developed in partnership with HUAWEI. In February 2019, Maxis and HUAWEI signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to cooperate on full-fledge 5G trials.
This will followed by a landmark agreement in October 2019 for the provisioning of the Maxis 5G network by HUAWEI.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- 100Mbps ViewQwest Freedom 100 Price + Offer Analysed!
- Maxis 100PeratusMalaysia Celebrates Malaysian Diversity!
- The Maxis AI Network Explained – Getting Ready For 5G!
- MaxisONE Share Plan Improved With Zerolution + More Data!
- The 2019 Fibrenation Plans + Devices From Maxis Revealed!
- The 2019 Hotlink System Upgrade – What You Need To Know!
- YTL Terragraph Public WiFi Network In Penang Goes Live!
- The Maxis NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) Service Unveiled!
- Maxis And Celcom Tops 2019 Opensignal Report!
- New 2018 MaxisONE Prime Offers Unlimited Data for Families!
- Introducing The CHEAPER Maxis Fibre Broadband Plans!
- The Maxis Zerolution360 Programme Explained + Analysed!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!