Kaspersky just announced the first integration of their new automotive KasperskyOS into the ECU of an advanced driver assistance system by AVL SFR. Here are the details…
Automotive KasperskyOS : What Is It?
Modern vehicles are complex systems, which makes it hard to manage the security of its components.
KasperskyOS for automotive ECUs combines a secure microkernel operating system, with a security policy enforcement engine (Kaspersky Security System), and a trusted channel encrypted framework.
It is designed to secure onboard systems and communications, ensuring safer OTA updates, fleet management and safer autonomous driving.
KasperskyOS Integration Into AVL ADAS ECU
The new AVL Software and Functions GmbH (AVL SFR) ADAS ECU features two high-performance SoCs (system-on-a-chip), and a safety controller..
This new ECU platform also supports Controller Area Network, and automotive Ethernet standards, allowing for secure communications between devices in the vehicle – including cameras and LIDARs.
The integration of KasperskyOS into the ECU guarantees that undeclared functionality – either unnoticed at launch, or inserted through system updates – cannot be exploited. This is especially important in the safety of autonomous vehicles.
All interactions between electronic components is controlled by the Kaspersky Security System, the security policy engine within KasperskyOS. It monitors the launch of processes, as well as communications between those components and the operating system.
This new ADAS ECU by AVL SFR is ready for prototyping projects by OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers.
Kaspersky Automotive Adaptive Platform for KasperskyOS
Kaspersky is also a new associate partner of AUTOSAR, a consortium aimed at developing mutual standards for automotive software architecture.
To that effect, they developed a software development kit (SDK) called Kaspersky Automotive Adaptive Platform.
With this SDK, AVL SFR can develop applications for automated and even driverless vehicles – such as delivering auto-piloting features, controlling safety systems and monitoring their health.
This set of libraries also allows for other software to be adopted, which follow AUTOSAR Adaptive requirements, and work on KasperskyOS without additional changes.
Kaspersky Automotive Adaptive Platform is ready to be delivered and AVL SFR is showcasing its auto-piloting application to several automotive customers.
- World of Buzz : Stop Feeding Content Regurgitation Websites!
- Will BeiDou Give HUAWEI Phones FREE Calls + Internet?
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- AMD GPU Source Code Hack : What’s Going On?
- Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax Debunked!
- Bitcoin Revolution : Fake Celebrity Endorsements Exposed!
- COVID-19 Email Scams + Malware Are Spreading!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- TikTok Finally Bans Deadly Skull Breaker Challenge!
- Microsoft : Cybersecurity Trends + How To Stay Safe In 2020!
- Operation Goldfish Alpha : INTERPOL Tackles Cryptojacking!
- Kaspresso : FREE Android App Testing Tool Released!
- WizardOpium Exploit : Update Google Chrome ASAP!
- NX Technology from The Tech ARP BIOS Guide!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- The Microsoft Secured-core PC Initiative Explained!
- Acronis True Image 2020 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Dimension Data Managed Cloud Platform Enhanced With Cisco Solutions!
- Kaspersky Selects Malaysia For APAC Transparency Center!
- Why Cybersecurity Is Critical For Industry 4.0 Success
- Why AI Digital Intuition Will Deliver Cyberimmunity By 2050!
- Kaspersky Travel Scam Alert + Advisory For The Holidays!
- Incident Response – Five Key Factors CISOs Should Consider!
Go Back To > Automotive | Cybersecurity | Home