Dell Technologies just announced the 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series appliances!
Here is what you need to know about the next-generation integrated data protection appliances!
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : What Is It?
The 2020 PowerProtect DP series is the next-generation family of integrated data protection appliances (IDPA) from Dell Technologies.
They offer a complete solution for backup, recovery, replication, deduplication, cloud readiness with disaster recovery, and long-term rotation to the public cloud!
The 2020 Dell EMC DataProtect DP series are all-in-one data protection solutions that offer :
- Storage capacities from 8 terabytes to 1 petabyte
- Greater efficiency, with up to 65:1 data reduction
- Up to 38% faster backups, and up to 45% faster restores, compared to previous generation.
- Instant access and restore of up to 50% greater IOPS, compared to previous generation.
- Consumes up to 23% less power than the previous generation
- Cloud long-term retention, and cloud DR-ready
- VMware integration
The 2020 Dell EMC DataProtect DP series is also guaranteed under the Future-Proof Program, and is part of the Dell Technologies on Demand program.
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : Models + Key Specifications
The 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP series consists of four models – DP4400, DP5900, DP8400 and DP8900. Here are their key specifications.
|Physical Capacity||8 TB to 96 TB||96 TB to 288 TB||192 TB to 768 TB||576 TB to 1 PB|
with Cloud Tier
|Up to 288 TB||Up to 864 TB||Up to 2.3 PB||Up to 3 PB|
|Logical Capacity||Up to 4.8 PB||Up to 18.7 PB||Up to 49.9 PB||Up to 65 PB|
with Cloud Tier
|Up to 14.4 PB||Up to 56.1 PB||Up to 149.7 PB||Up to 195 PB|
|Max Throughput||Up to 9 TB/hr||Up to 33 TB/hr||Up to 57 TB/hr||Up to 94 TB/hr|
|Drive Type||SAS 12 TB||SAS 4 TB||SAS 8 TB||SAS 8 TB|
|Networking||8 x RJ45, or
8 x SFP
|4 x 40 GbE uplinks
Each Quad SFP port can be split into 4 x 10 GbE
|Max. Power||475 VA||2,830 VA||5,480 VA||7,250 VA|
|Thermal Rating||1,620 BTU/hr||9,300 BTU/hr||17,800 BTU/hr||23,400 BTU/hr|
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : Availability
The 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect series appliances – DP4400, DP5900, DP8400 and DP8900 – will be available globally in December 2020.
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Sheltered Harbor!
- PowerProtect Data Manager Nov 2020 Update: What’s New?
- AMD Instinct MI100 : 11.5 TFLOPS In A Single Card!
- AMD CDNA Architecture : Tech Highlights!
- Dell Technologies DT Index 2020 : What’s New?
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- Lazada RedMart Data Breach : What You Need To Know!
- Machines Northpoint : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- NVIDIA RTX A6000 + Omniverse : Specs + Details!
- VMware vSphere 7 Now Supports AMD SEV-ES Encryption!
- IDEA 2020 : Samsung Wins 48 Awards!
- Hitachi Vantara : 2020 HCI Portfolio Updates Revealed!
- Kashi Mining Company : Fake Procurement Scam Alert!
- INTERPOL : Alarming Rate Of COVID-19 Cyberattacks!
- Google Cloud Confidential VM With 2nd Gen AMD EPYC!
Go Back To > Enterprise IT | Cybersecurity | Home
Support Tech ARP!