Android Lollipop Update For Huawei P7 Available For Download Now
Calling all Malaysian Huawei P7 owners! It looks like your devices, launched back in June of 2014, isn’t left out for the sweet Android Lollipop update!
Other than the Android version update to Android Lollipop 5.1.1, it brings along EMUI 3.1 which has additional features compared to older versions of EMUI, providing a faster performance with more stability that enhances your experience with your Huawei Ascend P7.
The update, however, is not via OTA (Over-The-Air), and users will have to manually update them through the following simple steps.
How To Install The Android Lollipop Update For Huawei P7
- Download the Android Lollipop Update for Huawei P7 (P7-L10), preferably using a PC.
- Unzip the file after it has fully downloaded.
- Backup your Huawei P7’s data using the pre-loaded Backup app. You will find the Backup app in the Tools app folder. You should copy the backup data onto an external media, just in case the Huawei P7 gets wiped during the update process.
- Copy the folder named “dload” (that contains the “update.app” file) to the root of internal storage or sdcard.
- It’s best to start the upgrade process with a fully charged battery. So, before you process, fully charge your Huawei P7.
- Go to Settings –> Updater –> Menu –> Local update. Update will show up as “Full package: UPDATE.APP“.
- Tap on Install, and the device will reboot and install the update. It will reboot again and run “Optimising Apps“.
- Please keep the phone plugged in and charged when the upgrade process is underway, as it drains the battery quite a bit and could damage the battery.
After it completes the app optimisation process, you are all done! Enjoy your new update!