Samsung just launched the Galaxy A54 smartphone, and here is our unboxing and hands-on preview!
Samsung Galaxy A54 : Quick Overview
The Galaxy A54 is Samsung’s latest mid-range smartphone, built around the Samsung Exynos 1380 mobile platform, which features:
- four Arm Cortex-A78 high-performance cores,
- four Arm Cortex-A55 low-power cores, and
- an Arm Mali-G68 MP5 GPU
It has a large 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. This display is capable of supporting a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz for smoother graphics.
Hidden in its display is a punch hole camera, with a 32 MP sensor and an f/2.2 aperture. At the back, it sports a triple camera system, that consists of:
- a 50 MP main camera, with f/1.8 aperture,
- a 12 MP ultra-wide angle camera, with f/2.2 aperture, and
- a 5 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture
All that is powered by a large 5,000 mAh battery, which supports up to 25 watt fast charging.
On top of that, Samsung guarantees up to 4 generations of OS upgrades, and 5 years of security updates, as well as 2 years of warranty for the Galaxy A54!
Samsung Galaxy A54 : Unboxing
The Samsung Galaxy A54 smartphone comes in a thin white cardboard box, which tells you that it definitely does not come with a USB charger inside.
It is protected by two security stickers. Please make sure they are intact when you receive the box. Do not accept it, if any of the security stickers have been cut or tampered with.
After cutting the security stickers and taking off the top of the box, you will find the Galaxy A54 smartphone wrapped in plastic.
But don’t chuck away the box cover yet. Hidden underneath is a cardboard packet containing its documents and accessories.
Once you remove everything, you should find these items inside the box:
- Samsung Galaxy A54 smartphone
- One set of documents : Quick Start Guide, warranty card, Samsung Pay leaflet, Regional Lock Guide
- Type C to Type C USB cable
- SIM tray pin
The package is pretty sparse. There is no USB charger, and no, it doesn’t come with a basic TPU case either.
Samsung Galaxy A54 : Hands-On Of Three Colours Options!
The Samsung Galaxy A54 smartphone is available in three main colours with a glossy finish :
- Awesome Graphite
- Awesome Violet
- Awesome Lime
Samsung also offers an Awesome White colour option in certain countries.
In the following video, I will show you the three main colour options, and give you a closer look at the Galaxy A54 in the Awesome Graphite, Awesome Violet and Awesome Lime colours. Do let us know which you prefer!
Samsung Galaxy A54 : Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A54 comes with 8 GB of RAM, and 256 GB of storage, with the option to add a microSD card in the hybrid SIM tray. It is covered by a 2-year warranty, with the following launch prices:
- 8 GB + 256 GB : RM1,899 / US$449.99 / £499 / A$697 / S$648
Here are online purchase options (we may get commission from your purchase) :
- MY : 4 colours | 4 colours | 4 colours | 4 colours
- SG : 4 colours | 4 colours | 4 colours | 4 colours
- US : Graphite | Violet | Lime
- UK : Graphite | Violet | Lime | White
- AU : Graphite | Violet
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Samsung Galaxy A54 : Three Key Colours Compared!
- Samsung Unveils 2023 QLED, OLED TVs + Monitors!
- Best Display Settings for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra!
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Review : Tech ARP Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 200 MP Camera Review!
Go Back To > Mobile | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!