Did Nike make 666 pairs of Satan Shoes with human blood and a Satanic emblem?
Find out what’s the latest controversy, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Nike Made Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
Social media is rife with all sorts of claims about Lil Nas X’s controversial Satan Shoes.
While some are understandably upset about these shoes, others are making false claims about them.
Here is a great example of the kind of claims that are going viral over these Satan Shoes.
Nike made 666 pairs and named it Satan. Sold each pair for USD 1018 taken from Luke 10:18. Each has one drop of human blood and a Satanic emblem.
Nike pulls an American flag shoe because it was deemed offensive but is now releasing a Satan-inspired shoe.
Nike Satan Shoes Claims : The Facts!
Fact #1 : Satan Shoes Were Produced By MSCHF
Satan Shoes were produced by MSCHF Product Studio Inc. – a New York-based company – who created them in collaboration with “Old Town Road” rapper Lil Nas X.
Fact #2 : Satan Shoes Are Customised Nike Air Max 97 Sneakers
Satan Shoes are really customised Nike Air Max 97 sneakers. However, this does not mean Nike made them.
MSCHF bought regular Air Max 97 sneakers and customised them with what appears to be :
- sole air bubble containing red link and a drop of human blood
- bronze inverted pentagram lace emblem
- embroidered Luke 10:18 and individual numbering on the side
- embroidered MSCFH and Lil Nas X at the back
- red inverted cross above Nike logo
- new sock liner
Fact #3 : Does Satan Shoes Contain Human Blood?
Yes, but only a single drop in each sole, according to the Satan Shoes product description.
The clear air bubble under each sole contains 60 cc (60 ml) of red ink and one drop of human blood.
While some have suggested that Lil Nas X contributed said human blood, the blood was donated by members of MSCHF.
Fact #4 : Nike Sued MSCHF Over Satan Shoes
Probably due to the fake news circulating about their involvement with Satan Shoes, Nike sued MSCHF on 30 March 2021.
The Nike lawsuit, which was filed with the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York, stated that :
- the Satan Shoes were produced “without Nike’s approval and authorization“,
- Nike “do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF“, and
- “Nike is in no way connected with this project”.
Their concern about being boycotted over false claims of involvement with Satan Shoes is apparent :
“There is already evidence of significant confusion and dilution occurring in the marketplace, including calls to boycott Nike in response to the launch of MSCHF’s Satan Shoes based on the mistaken belief that Nike has authorized or approved this product.”
Nike is asking the court to immediately stop MSCHF from fulfilling the orders for those shoes, and requested a jury trial to seek damages.
Notably, Nike did not include Lil Nas X in their lawsuit.
Fact #5 : Only 666 Pairs Were Produced
It is true that 666 pairs of Satan Shoes were produced. All but one were sold, allegedly in less than one minute.
The last – 666th pair – would be made available to a social media user, chosen by Lil Nas X from those who shared his tweet.
Fact #6 : They Were Sold For US$1,018
It is true that each pair of Satan Shoes were sold for US$1,018 – a reference to Luke 10:18 in the Bible :
KJV : And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
NIV : He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lighting from heaven.”
Fact #7 : They Were Featured In Montero (Call Me By Your Name)
These shoes were featured in Lil Nas X’s latest song – Montero (Call Me By Your Name).
In the music video, he can be seen sliding down a stripper pole from Heaven to Hell, wearing a pair of these Satan Shoes.
- Is It Wrong To Laminate Official Documents?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- FREE + PAID Private COVID-19 Vaccines Coming Soon!
- UK Government Report On Pfizer Vaccine Adverse Reactions?
- Realme Caught Using iPhone To Demo narzo 30A Gaming?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did This Doctor Die From Painkiller After COVID Vaccination?
- Get 50% Off PDRM Fines Using MyBayar Saman!
- Must Foreigners In Malaysia Carry Passport At All Times?
- Public Bank : More Fake SMS Scams! Do NOT Click / Call!
- HUAWEI MateStation S : Why It’s Perfect For WFH!
- How To Register Your Maid For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Was Pfizer Vaccine Designed To Make COVID-19 Endemic?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Home Tech | Fact Check | Home