Maybank will only allow new Secure2u activations on their MAE app, instead of their Maybank2u app!
Maybank : New Secure2u Activations Only On MAE App
From 26 September 2022 onwards, Maybank will only allow new Secure2u activations on their MAE e-wallet app, instead of their Maybank2u banking app.
Secure2u is a mobile app-based authentication method for your banking transactions, which replaces the SMS TAC that is vulnerable to SIM swap attacks.
This change only affects new Secure2u activations. If you have already activated Secure2u on your Maybank2u banking app, then you can continue to use the Maybank2u app to approve your transactions as usual.
Maybank will also move two Amanah Saham National Berhad (ASNB) services from the Maybank2u app to the MAE app permanently, starting 7 October 2022.
- View own and child’s account balance(s)
- Make transfers to own account(s) via Favourites
This shifting of features is part of Maybank’s push to “encourage” its customers to switch to their MAE e-wallet app, and it plans to phase out the Maybank2u app eventually.
By moving customers to MAE, Maybank is hoping that they might start using its e-wallet feature, as well as reduce its need to develop and maintain two separate mobile apps.
12-Hour Activation Delay For Secure2u In MAE
To further strengthen the appeal of the MAE app, Maybank is going to boost the security of its Secure2u feature.
Starting 8 October 2022, the Secure2u feature in the MAE app will be enhanced with a 12-hour activation period to prevent unauthorised activations.
Those who activate Secure2u in MAE on a new device will need to wait at least 12 hours, before they can begin using the Secure2u feature to authenticate any transaction.
The idea is to give the account owner at least 12 hours to detect any potential fraudulent attempt to activate Secure2u on unauthorised devices.
How To Set Up Secure2u In MAE
Setting up Secure2u in the MAE app is straightforward :
- Install the MAE app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or HUAWEI AppGallery.
- Launch the MAE app, and tap More.
- Tap on Settings at the top of the screen.
- Tap on Maybank2u and log into your Maybank account.
- Tap the toggle button next to Secure2u to enable it.
- Tap on Activate Now.
- Key in and confirm your mobile number.
- Maybank will send a One-Time Password (OTP) to you via SMS.
- Key in the OTP number and confirm your device name to authorise the change.
That’s it! Then you just need to use your MAE app (instead of SMS TAC) to authenticate your future banking transactions on Maybank.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- EVGA Quits GPU Business Over NVIDIA Disrespect!
- Parent Company Of Shopee Slashes Costs + Salaries!
- Miss Taiwan Left Crying At WCIT 2022 Tech Event!
- Biden To Hit China With More Chip Restrictions!
- Google Pixelbook Is Dead, But Chromebook Lives On!