The new Samsung Galaxy A80 smartphone comes with a rotating camera module that lets you take the best photos from both the front and the back! Here is a primer on the new Samsung Galaxy A80 smartphone!
The Samsung Galaxy A80 Smartphone
The new Samsung Galaxy A80 is a smartphone specifically designed for spontaneous pictures (selfies), live video streaming (Facebook Live, and Instagram Live. It accomplishes all that with a nifty rotating camera!
Instead of separate front and rear cameras, its has a single rotating camera module with three cameras :
- A 48 MP main camera with f/2.0 aperture
- An 8 MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- A 3D depth sensing camera with a Live Focus video capability
By default, they point backwards, like regular triple-lens rear cameras. But if you need to take a selfie, the camera module pops-up and rotates! This allows you to take high-quality selfies with Live Focus capability!
The rotating camera module also supports three other features :
- Super Steady video mode to reduce video shake and ensure smooth videos.
- Scene Optimizer to recognise and enhance up to 30 scenes
- Flaw Detection to automatically identify glitches before a picture is taken
Better Display And Sound System
To complement its brilliant display, It also comes with a Dolby Atmos audio system that delivers a 360-degree audio experience
Longer Battery Power
It is powered by a 3,700 mAh battery that supports 25 W Super-Fast Charging!
Enhanced Security And Intelligent Features
Its security and intelligent features have also been beefed-up :
- Intelligent Performance Enhancer – AI-powered performance optimization software that manages the battery, CPU and RAM based on the user’s unique usage
- Bixby Routines – automates everyday tasks and apps based on your routine
- Samsung Knox keeps your sensitive information safe
- Samsung Pass lets you access apps and websites using biometric authentication
- On-screen fingerprint scanner
- Samsung Health and Samsung Pay preloaded
Samsung Galaxy A80 Colour Options
Samsung is offering it in three colour options – Angel Gold, Ghost White and Phantom Black.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications
|Specifications||Samsung Galaxy A80|
|Display||6.7-inch Infinity display
- Super AMOLED panel
- 1080 x 2400 pixels
|Operating System||Android 9.0 Pie|
|System Platform||Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G|
|Processor||2 x Qualcomm Kryo 470 Gold (2.2 GHz)
6 x Qualcomm Kryo 470 Silver (1.7 GHz)
|Graphics Processor||Qualcomm Adreno 618|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Storage||128 GB internal storage
No micro SD card slot
|Front Cameras||None, Uses Rear Rotating Camera|
|Rear Cameras||Triple-Lens Rotating Camera
- 48 MP main camera + f/2.0 aperture
- 8 MP ultra-wide angle camera + f/2.2 aperture
- 5 MP depth sensor + f/2.2 apearture
|Connectivity||4G : LTE Cat15 DL (800 Mbps), LTE Cat13 UL (150 Mbps)
WiFi : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)
Bluetooth : BT 5.0
USB : USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C
|Battery||3,700 mAh lithium-ion battery
- 25 W Super-Fast Charging
|Fingerprint Sensor||Yes, On-Display|
|Other Sensors||Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Digital Compass|
|NFC / Samsung Pay||Yes / Yes|
|Colour Options||Angel Gold / Ghost White / Phantom Black|
Samsung Galaxy A80 Price + Availability
Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy A80 on 29 May 2019 worldwide.
The 8 GB + 128 GB variant will be available in Malaysia at a RRP of RM 2,299 / ~US$ 559 / ~£ 426 / ~€ 494.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- The 1TB Galaxy S10 Plus Comes With A FREE Galaxy A9!
- Samsung Galaxy A70 With Dual 32 MP Cameras Revealed!
- The Official Samsung Galaxy Fold Folding Test Revealed!
- Samsung Galaxy A50 + Galaxy A30 Price + Specifications!
- The Samsung Galaxy M20 Infinity-V Smartphone Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Colour + Ceramic Back Comparison 2.0
- Samsung Galaxy S10 – Everything You Need To Know! 4.0
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home