Malaysians are panicking over a report by The Coverage that 25,700 Malaysians were hospitalised for COVID-19 vaccine side effects!
Find out what the FACTS really are!
The Coverage : 25,700 Malaysians Hospitalised For Vaccine Side Effects!
Infamous clickbait + plagiarism website – The Coverage (formerly The Coverage Bureau) is at it again.
Malaysians are panicking over a report they posted with the alarming title – Breaking News : 25,700 Malaysians Report Side Effects After Taking Vaccines – Admitted To Hospital For Further Monitoring
But what exactly are the facts? Let’s take a look…
No, 25,700 Malaysians Were NOT Hospitalised For Vaccine Side Effects!
We investigated this stunning report by The Coverage, and here was what we found…
Fact #1 : That’s A False, Clickbait Headline
Most Malaysians only read headlines, and The Coverage is well aware of that.
That’s why they wrote that clickbait headline, using alarming terms like “Breaking News” and “Admitted To Hospital”.
The truth is they plagiarised this article 3 days after the original website posted it (more on this below), and they were not all hospitalised as The Coverage headline alleged.
Fact #2 : Only 4.4% Reported Side Effects After Vaccination
It is true that the Malaysia Health Ministry received 25,770 reports of side effects as of 31 March 2021.
However, that is just 4.4% of the 580,765 people who were vaccinated.
Fact #3 : Reported Vaccine Side Effects Were NOT Verified
We should point out that the reported side effects have NOT been verified by the Malaysia Ministry of Health.
Anyone who received a vaccination in Malaysia, can freely report any side effects they may or may not have experienced in MySejahtera.
Hence, these reported side effects may not be related to the vaccine, and have NOT been verified by the Ministry of Health.
Fact #4 : Only Those With Serious Side Effects Were Hospitalised
The Coverage article title proclaimed that 25,700 Malaysians reported side effects and were admitted to hospital for further monitoring after getting vaccinated.
The truth is their report itself clearly stated that only “those who suffered serious side effects were admitted to hospital for further monitoring“.
We can only conclude that they intentionally used that misleading headline to trick people into sharing, so that their article would go viral.
Fact #5 : The Coverage Plagiarised The Article
The Coverage is notorious for copying news articles from other websites and merely changing their titles to make them more controversial, so you are more likely to share them.
We analysed their article, and discovered that they copied it entirely from a 3-day old FreeMalaysiaToday article.
They only deleted the first paragraph, and changed the title to make it more SHOCKING! This is the very definition of plagiarism.
The Coverage has been doing this for years, making money off other people’s work, and using gullible people to share out their plagiarised articles with clickbait titles.
STOP being their useful idiots. STOP sharing their articles! STOP reading their plagiarised articles!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccination : Foreigners In Phase 2 Too!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- No More Dimsum : Why It Lasted Less Than 5 Years!
- Malaysia Buys 3.5 Million CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine Doses!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 6 April 2021 Edition!
- CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
- Mount Elizabeth : Doctor’s Severe Vaccine Reaction Is False!
- Did Dr. Ann Tan Get A Stroke From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Did A Police Officer Die From Second Vaccine Dose?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By SK Bioscience!
- Plandemic 3 To Prove Satan’s Hand In COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- UK Government Report On Pfizer Vaccine Adverse Reactions?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did This Doctor Die From Painkiller After COVID Vaccination?
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?