AMD unveiled a WHOLE SLEW of new products and technologies at Computex 2021!
Here is a recap of everything AMD announced at Computex 2021!
AMD @ Computex 2021 : Everything They Announced!
On 1 June 2021, AMD kicked off their virtual Computex 2021 press conference, announcing a whole slew of new products and technologies!
Let’s take a look at what AMD announced at Computex 2021!
3rd Gen EPYC Beats Intel Xeon Scalable!
AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su showed how the dual-socket 3rd Gen EPYC 7763 system beat the dual-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8380 system by 50%!
- 2P Intel Xeon Platinum 8380 delivered 201,334 Java operations per second
- 2P AMD EPYC 7763 delivered 301,297 Java operations per second
This is because the EPYC 7763 has far more cores than the Xeon Platinum 8380 – 64 cores versus just 40 cores!
AMD RDNA 2 Coming To Automotive + Mobile!
AMD is working to bring the RDNA 2 gaming architecture to industry leaders in the automotive and mobile segments :
Tesla Model S + Model X
The new infotainment systems in the Tesla Model S and Model X are powered by an AMD Ryzen Embedded APU, with an AMD RDNA 2-based GPU capable of AAA gaming!
The next-generation Samsung Exynos SoC will feature custom AMD RDNA 2-based graphics IP, that will introduce raytracing and variable rate shading capabilities to flagship mobile devices!
AMD Ryzen 5000G Desktop APUs
Dr. Lisa Su also announced that they are introducing two AMD Ryzen 5000G series desktop APUs, that will be available to the DIY market starting 5 August 2021.
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
The AMD Ryzen 7 5700G has an 8-core, 16-thread processor, with a base clock of 3.8 GHz and a boost clock of 4.6 GHz.
It has 4 GB of L2 cache, and 16 GB of L3 cache; and 8-core integrated Radeon graphics clocked at 2.0 GHz.
This 65 watt desktop APU will have a launch price of US$359.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600G has an 6-core, 12-thread processor, with a base clock of 3.9 GHz and a boost clock of 4.4 GHz.
It has 3 GB of L2 cache, and 16 GB of L3 cache; and 7-core integrated Radeon graphics clocked at 1.9 GHz.
This 65 watt desktop APU will have a launch price of US$259.
AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Desktop CPUs
While not mentioned in the main Computex 2021 press conference, AMD also launched the Ryzen PRO 5000 series desktop processors based on the Zen 3 core!
AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 G-Series (65W)
- Ryzen 7 5750G : 8 core, 16 thread, 3.8 GHz to 4.6 GHz, 4 MB L2, 16 MB L3
- Ryzen 5 5650G : 6 core, 12 thread, 3.9 GHz to 4.4 GHz, 3 MB L2, 16 MB L3
- Ryzen 3 5350G : 4 core, 8 thread, 4.0 GHz to 4.2 GHz, 2 MB L2, 8 MB L3
AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 GE-Series (35W)
- Ryzen 7 5750GE : 8 core, 16 thread, 3.2 GHz to 4.6 GHz, 4 MB L2, 16 MB L3
- Ryzen 5 5650GE : 6 core, 12 thread, 3.4 GHz to 4.4 GHz, 3 MB L2, 16 MB L3
- Ryzen 3 5350GE : 4 core, 8 thread, 3.6 GHz to 4.2 GHz, 2 MB L2, 8 MB L3
You can get the full details in this official AMD deep dive into the Ryzen PRO 5000 series desktop processors!
AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series Mobile Graphics
Scott Herkelman, Vice President & General Manager of AMD Graphics Business Unit, officially announced the introduction of the Radeon RX 6000M series mobile graphics for laptop gaming.
AMD Radeon RX 6800M
Their flagship model has a 2.3 GHz game clock and 12 GB of GDDR6 memory, and is designed to deliver 120 fps gaming at 1440p.
AMD says that it will offer significantly better performance than the competition :
- 40% to 70% better gaming performance than the GeForce RTX 2070 at 1440p Max Settings.
- 14% to 40% better gaming performance than the GeForce RTX 3080 while gaming on battery.
AMD Radeon RX 6700M
This model has a 2.3 GHz game clock and 10 GB of GDDR6 memory, and is designed to deliver 100 fps gaming at 1440p.
AMD Radeon RX 6600M
This model has a 2.177 GHz game clock and 8 GB of GDDR6 memory, and is designed to deliver 100 fps gaming at 1080p.
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR)
FidelityFX Super Resolution, or FSR for short, is AMD’s spatial upscaling technology that is designed to boost frame rates, while delivering a high-quality gaming experience.
Think of it as AMD’s version of NVIDIA’s DLSS. But while DLSS is proprietary, FidelityFX Super Resolution is open-source, and will be supported on both AMD processors and GPUs as well as NVIDIA GPUs!
More than 10 game developers plan to integrate FSR into their top titles and gamer engines in 2021.
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) will be available starting 22 June 2021.
AMD Advantage Gaming Laptops
Think of AMD Advantage as a marketing programme, based around a “design framework” of premium gaming features.
- Amplified Performance : AMD Ryzen processor + AMD Radeon RX 6800M graphics + AMD Radeon Software for gaming at 100 fps at 1080p
- Premium Displays : 144Hz+ with LFC, low latency, AMD FreeSync Premium, 300 nits+ brightness, IPS / OLED panels, 100% sRGB / 72% NTSC minimum
- Built To Game : NVMe SSD, less than 40°C WASD keyboard temperatures when gaming, >10 hours binge watching on battery
AMD 3D Chiplet Technology
AMD continues to build on their packaging technologies with their new 3D Chiplet technology, developed in collaboration with TSMC.
It enhances their existing chipset architecture with 3D stacking using a hybrid bond approach that provides over 200X the interconnect density of 2D chipsets and more than 15X the density of existing 3D packaging solutions.
This new 3D chiplet technology also consumes less energy than current 3D solutions, and is the most flexible active-on-active silicon stacking technology.
In Computex 2021, Dr. Lisa Su showed off the 3D vertical SRAM cache bonded to an AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processor prototype.
AMD is on-track to begin production on high-end computing products with 3D chiplets by the end of 2021.
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Acer Aspire Vero : The First Earthion Laptop!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dev Kit for Windows 10 : First Look!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 For Entry-Level Laptops!
- China Boycotts GIGABYTE Over Low Quality Claims!
- 2021 Dell Latitude 5520 : Our In-Depth Review!
- Epson EcoTank L3150 / ET-2710 Review : Editor’s Choice!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook X Pro Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 15 Laptops : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 Acer Nitro 5 : Ryzen 9 + RTX 3080 FTW!
- Acer Nitro QG241YP : 165 Hz Gaming Monitor Preview!
- Scammer vs Scalper : Five RTX 30 Series Cards Gone!
- NVIDIA Reflex Guide : How To Reduce System Latency!
- NVIDIA Resizable BAR : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateStation S : Why It’s Perfect For WFH!
- AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Mobile Processors Revealed!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
Go Back To > Computer | Gaming | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!