As the Williams F1 Racing Team gears up for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix, they joined Acronis CEO and Founder Serguei Beloussov in the grand opening of the new Acronis Cyber Penthouse!
In the exclusive invitation-only event, we got up close and personal with Serguei Beloussov, Williams F1 CIO Graeme Hackland… and of course, the Williams F1 drivers – Robert Kubica and George Russell!
The Acronis Cyber Penthouse
Located at the very top of Suntec Tower 3, the Acronis Cyber Penthouse is (aptly for a data protection company) accessible only through two security layers, including a special lift.
This is because the Cyber Penthouse is where Acronis engineers work. In his keynote, Acronis CEO and Founder Serguei Beloussov pointed out that they get the best offices, even better than his own office!
Serguei also shared that Acronis just won a new round of investment worth US$ 147 million, led by Goldman Sachs. The funds would be used to acquire companies and expand the Acronis R&D team, as well as to grow their business in North America.
Graeme Hackland on the Williams F1 + Acronis Partnership
Williams F1 Racing Team CIO Graeme Hackland spoke about the importance of data collection to the team’s performance, and how much data they now collect.
He also revealed that the team was hit by two ransomware attacks in 2014, losing data to one of them. Hence, they turned to Acronis to protect their data.
Acronis now protects all of their mailboxes, more than 200 of their servers, and over 650 team workstations. Deploying Acronis Backup has also cut down their backup window from days to just minutes.
Acronis Launches Cyber Penthouse With Williams F1 + Infocomm
Acronis then formally launched their Cyber Penthouse with CEO and Founder Serguei Beloussov, and Williams F1 CIO Graeme Hackland, as well as Howie Lau, the Chief Industry Development Officer of Infocomm Media Development Authority.
Robert Kubica + George Russell Face Off In The Läderach Chocolate Challenge!
Williams F1 drivers, Robert Kubica and George Russell, who popped over for the launch, sportingly agreed to a friendly contest using Läderach chocolate!
It sure was great to catch these guys in a carefree, fun moment away from the Grand Prix races.
Unfortunately, I never got the chance to get some photos with them. But I scored this neat wheel nut signed by both of them instead!
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Acronis True Image 2020 – Everything You Need To Know!
- World’s Oldest PM Learns Coding From Two 10 Year Old Girls!
- Kaspersky Selects Malaysia For APAC Transparency Center!
- NVIDIA Gamescom 2019 : Ray Tracing Trailers + Showcase!
- SAP Experience 2019 – An Intelligent Enterprise Conference
- Dell Technologies World 2019 : More Videos + Announcements
- Exclusive : Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney Tour!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- How Dell Unified Workspace Simplifies IT Management!
- How 5G Will Change Our Lives + Future!
- Pat Gelsinger Reveals 2019 VMware Strategy + Plans!
- The Human-Machine Partnership by Erik Brynjolfsson + Rana el Kaliouby
- The 2019 Microsoft – Dell Partnership : All You Need To Know!
- VMware Cloud on Dell EMC – Delivered By Dell, Managed By VMware!
Go Back To > Software | Automotive | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!