Acer just unveiled the Aspire Vero – their first sustainability-focused laptop based on their Earthion platform!
Find out what the Acer Aspire Vero offers, and what the Earthion platform is all about!
Acer Aspire Vero : The First Earthion Laptop!
The Acer Aspire Vero is the first sustainability-focused laptop based on their new Earthion platform.
That Acer Earthion platform is part of their pledge to achieve 100% renewable energy use by the year 2035, which they undertook when they joined the RE100 initiative.
The RE100 initiative is a global corporate renewable energy intuitive that is committed to achieve 100% renewable energy use. The Acer Group has already achieve 44% renewable energy use by 2020.
As the first product from the Acer Earthion platform, the Acer Aspire Vero reimagines what the computer manufacturing process of the future will look like.
Post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic is used throughout its chassis and keyboard caps. And the Aspire Vero ships in a box made from 80-85% recycled paper pulp, and plastic bagging is replaced by paper sleeves. Even the laptop bag is made with 100% industrial recycled plastic!
The emphasis on sustainability is carried over in the design language too. All graphics on the shipping box are printed with soy ink, and the notebook itself has no paint on its chassis, reducing its impact on the environment. The laptop is also held together by easily-accessible, standardised screws for easier disassembly.
11th Gen Intel Core Performance
The Acer Aspire Vero is powered by the latest 11th Gen Intel Core processor with Iris Xe graphics, with up to 1 TB of M.2 SSD storage.
It boasts Intel Wi-Fi 6 wireless connectivity, a USB Type C port, two USB 3.2 ports and a HDMI 2.0 port for video out.
Acer Aspire Vero : Specifications
Here are the specifications of the Acer Aspire Vero laptop :
|Specifications||Acer Aspire Vero|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home 64-bit|
|Display||15.6-inch IPS display
– 1920 x 1080 pixesl
– 250 nits max. brightness
|Processor||11th Gen Intel Core processor|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics|
+ 1 x DDR4 SODIMM
|Storage||Up to 1 TB M.2 SSD|
|Wireless||Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dev Kit for Windows 10 : First Look!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 For Entry-Level Laptops!
- China Boycotts GIGABYTE Over Low Quality Claims!
- 2021 Dell Latitude 5520 : Our In-Depth Review!
- Epson EcoTank L3150 / ET-2710 Review : Editor’s Choice!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook X Pro Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 15 Laptops : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 Acer Nitro 5 : Ryzen 9 + RTX 3080 FTW!
- NXP iMX 8M Plus To Use Kingston eMMC Memory!
- Scammer vs Scalper : Five RTX 30 Series Cards Gone!
- NVIDIA Reflex Guide : How To Reduce System Latency!
- NVIDIA Resizable BAR : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateStation S : Why It’s Perfect For WFH!
- AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Mobile Processors Revealed!
- HP Launches Virtual Showroom In Southeast Asia!
- Dell XPS 13 (9300) Review : Incredible Ultra-Light Laptop!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide