Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, the world’s oldest PM, just showed the world that you are never too young or too old to learn coding, when he got a lesson in coding by two 10-year old girls!
The Importance Of Learning To Code
Businesses all over the world are racing to digitally transform into intelligent organisations.
In the digital economy of the future, digital skills and STEM will become the new passport to success for the individual as well as the nation.
Here in Malaysia, the government already understands the importance of coding and STEM skills, launching the STEM4All campaign with Microsoft Malaysia.
But Coding Is Not Just For The Young…
However, while coding and STEM skills will be critical to the future of our students, they are already very important in the world place today.
The digital transformation of businesses and organisations depends on the coding skills of their employees today.
Therefore, it is also critical for the employees of today to learn how to code. Coding is not just for the young…
As World’s Oldest PM Learns Coding From Two 10 Year Old Girls!
The world’s oldest Prime Minister – Dr. Mahathir Mohamad – at 94 years and counting, recently sat down for a coding session with two 10 year old girls.
These girls, who are Microsoft Malaysia Ambassadors, are part of the new generation of children who are as comfortable coding, as they are playing with Legos.[adrotate group=”1″]
In their exclusive coding session, Chloe Soh Ke Er and Serena Zara Taufiq taught Dr. Mahathir how to code, proving that everyone can learn to code!
“As Malaysia continues its digital transformation journey, technology plays an important role. Mobility, Cloud Computing, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence (or AI), and Big Data Analytics are among the most important drivers of digital transformation.
With that, STEM needs to be democratized in order to develop Future Ready Malaysian Talent,” said Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad
The video was released by the Ministry of Communication and Multimedia, as part of the Malaysian government’s effort to break down barriers to STEM education and digital literacy amongst Malaysians.
- Minecraft Ray Tracing : Everything You Need To Know!
- Microsoft Malaysia Rated Top 10 Tech Employer In 2018!
- Industrial Revolution 4.0 – Turbocharging Malaysia’s Journey!
- The HUAWEI Windows 10 On ARM Laptop – Will It Succeed?
- Microsoft Build 2019 : New Azure Technologies Unveiled!
- The 2019 Microsoft – Dell Partnership : All You Need To Know!
- The Microsoft-IDC Report On AI Growth Potential For Malaysia
- Exclusive : Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney Tour!
- SUFECS – Imagine Cup Asia 2019 People’s Choice Winner!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- These 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Winners Will Change The World
Support Tech ARP!