MySejahtera has a new feature called MySJ Trace, which logs your close contacts for more accurate contact tracing.
Here is what you need to know about the new MySejahtera feature!
MySJ Trace : New Tracking Feature In MySejahtera
Currently, MySejahtera relies on manual logging in at various entry points, which results in many false positives and false negatives.
- false positive : you wrongly get identified as a close or casual contact
- false negative : you are not flagged as a close contact, even when you come into close proximity with a COVID-19 positive person
To eliminate those errors, MySejahtera is introducing a new and more accurate contact tracing feature called MySJ Trace.
Similar to Singapore’s TraceTogether app, MySJ Trace uses Bluetooth technology to more accurately determine your proximity to other people, so MySejahtera can better determine if you are a close contact, or not.
It also removes the need to manually check out from the locations you checked in earlier.
MySejahtera with MySJ Trace : Now Available For Android!
MySJ Trace is currently available only in MySejahtera version 1.1.3 and above.
It was first introduced in MySejahtera version 1.1.3 which is available only from the HUAWEI AppGallery
But on 25 December 2021, it was also introduced in MySejahtera version 1.1.4 in the Google Play Store, so all Android users will have access to it.
As of 28 December 2021, it is still NOT available in the Apple App Store. Version 1.0.49 in the Apple App Store does NOT support this feature.
MySJ Trace : How To Enable It?
MySJ Trace is (currently) NOT mandatory and is an opt-in feature, so you actually have to manually enable it, if you want to participate.
Step 1 : Update to the MySejahtera version that has MySJ Trace.
Step 2 : Open MySejahtera, and you will see a black MySJ Trace section in the default Check-in screen.
Step 3 : Tap on Setup MySJ Trace to begin the setup process.
Step 4 : Tap on the Start button in the initial explainer screen.
Step 5 : Tap the I agree button to consent to give your “interaction information” for the past 14 days to the Malaysia Ministry of Health for “contact tracing purposes”.
Step 6 : In the App Permissions screen, tap on the Allow button.
Step 7 : First, you will be asked to allow MySejahtera to access your smartphone’s location. Tap on While using the app.
Step 8 : Next, you will be asked to allow MySejahtera to detect your location all the time. Tap on Allow all the time.
Step 9 : Now, you will be asked to enable Bluetooth, if it is not already enabled.
Step 10 : Once all necessary permissions have been enabled, just tap on the Close button.
That’s it! You have now activated MySJ Trace in MySejahtera.
If at any time you do not wish to participate, you can simply disable the permissions, and/or reinstall MySejahtera.
MySJ Trace : Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the official answers to the MySJ frequently-asked questions (FAQ):
1. What is MySJ Trace?
MySJ Trace is a contact tracing application developed by the Government of Malaysia.
It adopts a community-driven approach where participating devices exchange proximity information whenever an app detects another device with MySJ Trace app installed.
This application allows the identification of people who were in close proximity to COVID-19 infected individual
2. What is the difference between MySJ Trace and MySejahtera?
MySejahtera & MySJ Trace are used by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to help manage the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia.
MySejahtera allows users to perform quick health-self assessment and for the Ministry of Health (MOH) to monitor users’ health condition and take immediate actions in providing treatments.
Meanwhile, MySJ Trace further complements MySejahtera by detecting and tracing the individuals who are in close contact with the COVID-19 positive patients.
3. Who developed MySJ Trace?
MySJ Trace was developed through a strategic cooperation between government agencies of Malaysia :
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
- Ministry of Health (KKM)
- Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU)
- Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS)
4. Who are the users of MySJ Trace?
All Malaysian citizens and residents of Malaysia.
5. Where can I download MySJ Trace?
Users only need to update the MySejahtera application to the latest version.
6. How does MySJ Trace function?
MySJ Trace enables participating devices to exchange proximity information whenever the app detects another device with the same app installed. Data collected will be stored and processed only by the MOH officers.
When a user is identified to be COVID-19 positive, the user will initiate a process to upload the data from the user’s smartphone to a secured database managed by the MOH.
7. What is contact tracing?
Contact tracing is an identification process of individuals who may have come into close contact with an infected COVID-19 patient.
It enables the MOH to further trace and contact the individuals and organize a follow-up action.
8. If I have been identified as a close contact, how will I be contacted?
The user will receive an SMS, and a notification in the MySejahtera app.
9. What data are collected by MySJ Trace?
Only these data are collected :
- Unique User ID (UUID) that is created by the MySejahtera app.
- Operating system version (Android or iOS)
- Time of contact
- Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI)
10. Are my personal information that is stored in the app safe?
MySejahtera and MySJ Trace are owned and operated entirely by the Malaysian government. The government guarantees that all information collected and used in the app comply with the information security standards of the government of Malaysia.
11. Does MySJ Trace require Internet connectivity after activation?
Yes, Internet connectivity is required when you first update the MySejahtera app, and during the data uploading process.
12. What devices support MySJ Trace?
MySJ Trace is supported by smartphones that use the Android or iOS operating systems :
- Android : Version 8.0 and above
– Non-sleep mode must be set, so MySJ Trace will remain active in both foreground and background modes.
- iOS : Version 10 and above
– The phone must be active at all times while the app needs to be in the foreground mode.
13. Must Bluetooth be activated at all times?
Yes, Bluetooth must be activated at all times for MySJ Trace to work properly.
14. Will Bluetooth usage cause high battery usage?
Unlike using Bluetooth to stream music or to a wireless headphone continuously, MySJ Trace uses Bluetooth to only transmit its presence periodically. As such, it uses significantly less power.
15. Will the app use significant battery power if MySJ Trace is left running all the time?
MySJ Trace uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to minimise battery usage. Therefore, the app does not use significant amounts of battery power to collect persistent contact tracing information.
16. Will MySJ Trace Bluetooth usage affect my other Bluetooth accessories?
MySJ Trace does not affect the use or performance of other Bluetooth accessories like wireless speakers, wireless earphones or headphones, or smartwatches.
17. Why must I allow location permission for the Android version?
Android requires location permission to be granted for any app to access Bluetooth features. However, geolocation data will not be collected.
For iOS, only the Bluetooth function needs to be enabled.
- Epic Games Christmas 2021 FREE Games : Day 9 of 15!
- TNG RFID Self-Fitment Guide : How To Do It Yourself!
- WW3 Game Goes Viral With Map Of West Taiwan + Uyghur!
- macOS Monterey Memory Leak : Solutions You Can Try!
- MySejahtera : How To Clear App Cache To Resolve Problems!