The Malaysia Ministry of Health has clarified that the MySejahtera app and its data was not sold to any private company.
Here is what you need to know!
Claim : MySejahtera Was Sold To Private Company!
Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim claimed that MySejahtera will be sold to a private company – MySJ Sdn. Bhd. through direct negotiation.
The MySejahtera application was rolled out in April 2020, under the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM). It was built by KPISoft (now Entomo) as a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative.
According to his statement, the government appointed MySJ Sdn. Bhd. through direct negotiation to take over MySejahtera on 26 November 2021.
Then in December 2021, the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) proposed that the government should take over MySejahtera since it is now “an integral part of the national health system”.
KKM : MySejahtera Was NOT Be Sold To Private Company!
On 27 March 2022, the Malaysia Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin issued a press statement, clarifying that the government did not sell MySejahtera to any private company.
Here are the key points of his statement on the claims that MySejahtera was sold to MySJ Sdn. Bhd. :
- On 26 November 2021, the government decided that MySejahtera is owned by the government, and the Ministry of Health (KKM) was appointed as the main owner of the application.
- The government did not pay KPISoft any money for the development of MySejahtera, which was carried out from 27 March 2020 until 31 March 2021.
This was based on the company’s offer to let the government use the app for one year for free, as a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative.
- After the CSR period ended on 31 March 2021, the government agreed to extend the use of MySejahtera, and work with KPISoft to expand its features.
- On 26 November 2021, the government ordered KKM to form a Price Negotiation Committee comprising of stakeholder agencies to negotiate the purchase and service maintenance of MySejahtera for two (2) years.
The scope of the procurement and management of the MySejahtera app included operating MySejahtera, system development including additional modules, maintenance, datacenter management and third-party services like Google Map and Places API, as well as SMS services.
- On 28 February 2022, the Ministry of Finance approved KKM’s procurement of the MySejahtera app.
- MySejahtera data has been under KKM’s supervision from the first day it was used, and the data is processed according to KKM procedures.
- KKM does not share MySejahtera data with any government agency, or private companies.
- All data from the MySejahtera app are uploaded to a cloud server network, and can only be accessed by the MySejahtera app only.
In short, the MySejahtera app was not sold to any private company, and was purchased by the Ministry of Health with approval from the Ministry of Finance on 28 February 2022.
- DEMON’S TILT : How To Get This Game For FREE!
- Unhack : How To Get This Game For FREE!
- NVIDIA Reflex Guide : How To Reduce System Latency!
- NVIDIA Resizable BAR : What You Need To Know!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Go Back To > Enterprise | Software | Tech ARP