Did the COVID-19 Status option in your MySejahtera app suddenly disappear?
Find out what’s going on, and how to get it back again!
Missing COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera?
The MySejahtera app can be quite buggy, and people have noticed how sometimes the COVID-19 status option can mysteriously DISAPPEAR!
On the left is what you should see – COVID-19 Status is the first option available in MySejahtera.
On the right is what some people are getting – the option is missing!
They have tried checking in the More section, updating MySejahtera, flushing the app cache, and even reinstalling it.
But nothing worked – COVID-19 Status is confirmed missing in MySejahtera. So what’s going on???
Here’s Why COVID-19 Status Goes Missing In MySejahtera!
Now, MySejahtera has its share of bugs, but the missing COVID-19 Status option appears to be INTENTIONAL.
This status update feature is meant for a Low Risk person to alert the Malaysia Ministry of Health to any change to their risk status :
- Started exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms?
- Travelled overseas?
- Had contact with a positive COVID-19 patient?
- Attended any mass gathering in the past 14 days?
To avoid misuse, MySejahtera appears to have designed to automatically REMOVE the status update option for people who are NO LONGER Low Risk.
- Casual Contact
- Close Contact
- Person Under Surveillance (PUS)
- Suspected Case
- Confirmed Case
How To Get Back Missing COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera?
You don’t have to do anything.
Once your COVID-19 status has officially returned to Low Risk, the feature will automatically reappear in your MySejahtera app.
You should note that you do NOT need to keep updating your COVID-19 Status in MySejahtera.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health just issued a clarification of their own, to avoid any further misunderstandings.
You are only required to update your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera in these cases :
- You have symptoms like fever, cough, headache, sore throat, breathing difficulty, loss of smell, loss of taste, or
- You have recent history of travelling overseas, or
- You have close contact with COVID-19 positive cases, or
- You attended any event, or been to areas associated with a known COVID-19 cluster.
Based on the questions asked, you should also update your status if you are a MOH COVID-19 volunteer in the last 14 days.
Otherwise, you are NOT REQUIRED to update your status in MySejahtera. You will certainly NOT BE FINED if you don’t do it.
Now that you know what’s going on, please SHARE this article with your family and friends too!
Read more : When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Did Japan Approve Ivermectin For Use Against COVID-19?
- How To Delete + Migrate Vaccine Dependent In MySejahtera?
- Should We Blame Joe Biden For Fall Of Vietnam Too?
- Fact Check : G64 Strain of COVID-19 from India + Egypt?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Full FDA Approval For Pfizer Vaccine : What Does It Mean?
- Did US NCBI Confirm Lianhua Qingwen Treats COVID-19?
Go Back To > Health | Software | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!