Malaysia just officially banned the release of Thor : Love and Thunder, likely over censorship requirements!
Earlier : Thor : Love and Thunder Postponed!
Thor : Love and Thunder was scheduled to be launched in Malaysia on July 7, in line with the global release (July 8 in the United States).
Cinemas had already opened up booking for the tickets, with many Malaysians purchasing them in advance.
However, on 1 July 2022 came the shocking announcement – the release date for Thor : Love and Thunder in Malaysia has been postponed for two weeks, to 21 July 2022!
Then, on 13 July 2022, Disney postponed the release of Thor : Love and Thunder in Malaysia indefinitely.
Now : Thor : Love and Thunder Officially Cancelled
Unfortunately, on 28 July 2022, Disney announced that Thor : Love and Thunder would not be released in Malaysia.
This was announced by Malaysian cinema chain, GSC :
We Malaysians all saw this coming, didn’t we?
Thor : Love and Thunder Faced Censorship Hurdles
It is currently unknown why the release date for Thor : Love and Thunder in Malaysia was banned from its cinematic release.
But Malaysians have long expected the film to be censored, especially the scene of Thor’s naked butt. As director Taika Waititi shared, the movie will showcase Chris Hemsworth’s mighty cheeks in their full glory.
So it was possible that the earlier delay was to allow certain cuts or mosaicking to be made to the film to allay the delicate sensitivities of the Film Censorship Board of Malaysia. Unlike the brief LGBT kiss that got Lightyear banned in Malaysia and 14 other countries, it seems that Disney may be open to at least blurring Thor’s ass.
There is also the “sensitive” issue of LGBTQ+ themes that have already gotten the movie banned in China. There are several short LGBTQ+ scenes in the movie.
But censoring them is likely a line too far for Disney / Marvel to cross.
- Bisexual Asgardian King Valkyrie (Tessa Thomson) kisses a maiden’s hand
- At two other scenes, characters reference and discuss King Valkyrie’s late girlfriend.
- Korg (Taika Waititi) is shown to be gay.
- Korg references having two dads.
- Korg settles down with a fellow Korean named Dwayne.
It is likely that Malaysian film censors could not accept those short LGBTQ+ scenes either, and so Thor: Love and Thunder ended up banned from being shown in the cinemas, like in China.
- Did James Caan Die From COVID-19 Vaccine SADS
- Did Tom Jones Collapse From Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Fact Check: Ricky Bibey Cause of Death + CCTV Video
- Why Thor: Love and Thunder Is Likely Banned In China!
- Tyler Sanders Reportedly Died From Drug OD, Not Vaccine!
Go Back To > Entertainment | Business | Tech ARP