Is it true that the WHO published revised guidelines stating that children should NOT receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
Take a look at these new viral claims, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : WHO Now Says Children Should NOT Get COVID-19 Vaccine!
Websites like Precision Vaccinations, and antivaxxers on social media, the World Health Organisation (WHO) just published revised guidelines, stating that children should NOT receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Truth : This Is Old COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By WHO!
Both Precision Vaccinations and antivaxxers on social media are quoting a genuine WHO page – COVID-19 advice for the public: Getting vaccinated.
However, they have all misrepresented what WHO said. Here are the FACTS…
Fact #1 : WHO Did Not Change COVID-19 Vaccine Advice For Children
Precision Vaccinations and anti-vaccination activists on social media call it “Breaking News” or claim that it was just revised on 21 June 2021 to warn against vaccinating children against COVID-19.
The truth is WHO did not change their COVID-19 vaccine advice for children. Their recommendation on not vaccinating children at the moment had always been in this page, from the very beginning!
But how do I prove this to you?
Using the Wayback Machine, we can see that the earliest archive of this page was 8 April 2021.
Here is a comparison of the WHO SHOULD GET VACCINATED section of the page, as it existed on 8 April and 22 June (today).
As you can see, this section NEVER CHANGED, between 8 April and 22 June 2021. Not a single word was changed!
So all those claims that this is new advice by the WHO is nonsense.
Fact #2 : That Was Outdated Advice By WHO
I can also tell you that even the 8 April 2021 version of this page is outdated advice by the WHO.
The team who posted this page probably forgot to update this section to reflect the changes over time.
Again, how do I prove this to you?
If you use the Wayback Machine to go to the first archive (8 January 2021) of the WHO page on the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, you will see that it had been updated to say that :
In other words, based on the existing trial results back in January 2021, WHO had already recommended vaccinating teenagers who are 16 years or older!
Fact #3 : WHO Guidelines Based On Science
The WHO has always based their vaccine guidelines on what the trial data says.
They only recommended that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine be given only to those who are 16 years and older, because the existing trial data at that time proved that it was safe for those who are 16 years and older.
Obviously, the WHO isn’t saying that vaccines are dangerous and children should not be vaccinated. That’s why their original recommendation was “children should not be vaccinated for the moment“.
When new clinical trial conducted on younger children prove that the vaccine is safe for them, the WHO will naturally update its guidance to reflect the new data.
Fact #4 : Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Proven Safe For Adolescents
On 10 May 2021, the US FDA expanded the Emergency Use Authorisation (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to include adolescents 12 through 15 years of age.
This expanded EUA was issued based on a randomised, placebo-controlled clinical trial involving 2,260 adolescents in the United States, 12 through 15 years old.
The side effects reported by these trial participants were consistent with those reported in the earlier clinical trial.
- pain at the injection site
- muscle and/or joint pain
In other words, they were mild and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was proven safe in adolescents.
- Did COVID-19 Leak From Gilead Sciences Lab In Fort Detrick?
- How To Register Children For Vaccine In MySejahtera!
- Bukit Jalil Stadium Vaccination Centre : Video + Picture Guide!
- Fact Check : Swollen Feet From COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Latest Ivermectin COVID-19 Study : What Does It Really Say?
- 28 Post-AZ Vaccine Deaths In Taiwan : What Do They Mean?
- Did US Refuse To Let WHO Investigate Fort Detrick For C19?
- Was US Soldier Caught Spreading COVID-19 In Wuhan?
- Did Christian Eriksen Collapse After Receiving Pfizer Vaccine?
- How To Register Children For COVID-19 Vaccine In Malaysia!
- UK COVID-19 Vaccines Very Effective Against Delta Variant!
- 12 Vaccinated UK Citizens Died From COVID-19 : The Truth?
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Reduce Our Immunity For 6 Weeks?
- MITEC Vaccination Centre : Video + Pictorial Guide!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents Can Go By Themselves!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
Go Back To > Fact Check | Health | Tech ARP